Hotels in Wichita, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Wichita online
- Find a cheap hotel in Wichita!
- Book at the ideal price!
Wichita: The Cultural Heart of Kansas
Set beside the Arkansas River, Wichita is the county seat of Sedgwick County and the largest city in Kansas. The city is easily accessible by air via the Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport, within a three-hour of both Kansas City and Oklahoma City, and offers a great blend of arts and culture, sporting pedigree, and a delicious dining scene. When you arrive, you’ll find that - from low-cost motels to high-class hotels - there are accommodation options to suit every budget. Once settled in, get ready to explore a big but manageable city.
Wichita is a great place to enjoy some quality time with your family. Younger visitors will enjoy trips to Sedgwick County Zoo and the Tanganyika Animal Park, the latter offering a range of interactive experiences. Stick with the outdoor adventure theme by heading to O.J. Watson Park, where paddle boats and pony rides are the order of the day, or by visiting the Great Plains Nature Center within Chisholm Creek Park. If you fancy a little exercise, you can easily while away an afternoon by hiring a bike and cycling through districts such as Delano, Clifton Square, and Old Town. When it’s time to kick back and relax, head to West Wichita, where you’ll find one of North America’s largest IMAX theatres, or enjoy a movie al fresco at the Starlite Drive-In Theater on South Hydraulic Avenue.
Often described as a city for foodies, Wichita knows how to rev up your appetite. A highlight of the city’s culinary calendar takes place between March and October when guests can visit Food Trucks at the Fountain at Wichita Waterwalk. This event sees up to 20 food trucks serving up a variety of cuisine alongside live music and occasional yoga sessions. Year round, diners can enjoy the variety of restaurants found in the downtown and Old Town Districts. Look out for seared cowboy rib eye steaks and don’t forget to treat the kids to a trip to one of Wichita’s long standing candy stores. The Nifty Nut House has been delighting youngsters for more than 70 years but Cero’s Candies may just pip it to the post with more than 90 years of experience, not to mention a working soda fountain.
Art and Culture
Wichita has an excellent reputation for arts and culture and there are plenty of places to get your cultural fix. The downtown area features more than 40 pieces of public art while the nearby Douglas Design District is adorned with murals created by local artists. You can also head to the Museum on the River District where destinations include the Wichita Art Museum, the Mid-America All-Indian Center, and Exploration Place. MARK Arts on East Central Avenue, Wichita’s oldest gallery, and the Old Cowtown Museum on Museum Boulevard are also must visits. You might also like to catch a performance of the Wichita Symphony Orchestra, a show at the Orpheum Theatre, and the Wichita Jazz Festival (held annually in April).
You won’t have any problem picking up souvenirs of your trip; Wichita has numerous exciting shopping destinations to choose from. With more than 120 stores and restaurants, Towne East Square is the largest of the city’s malls. This, along with Towne West Square, is the best place to pick up goodies from well-known labels and brands. If you prefer something a little different from your shopping experience, check out the boutique stores surrounding the central pond and waterfall at Bradley Fair (North Rock Road) and pop along to explore the home-grown independent stores dotted around Historic Delano. Plus, on sunny days, it can be fun to wander around the stalls at the open-air New Market Square.
If you’re a sports fan, you shouldn’t have any problem feeling at home in Wichita. The city is especially good for golfers as there’s a wide choice of public courses on offer; the most popular include Auburn Hills, MacDonald Golf Course, and the Jeff Brauer-designed Sand Creek Station. Die-hard fans can catch the Air Capital Classic at Crestview Country Club in June, where the 17th hole is said to have the best atmosphere of the PGA tour. If golf isn’t really your thing, you might like to cheer on one of Wichita State University’s 13 NCAA teams at the Charles Koch Arena. During October to March, you can watch the Wichita Thunder hockey games at the INTRUST Bank Arena, and from May to September, the Wichita Wingnuts are weaving a little baseball magic at historic Lawrence-Dumont Stadium.
Price rangefrom C$48to C$583
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Wichitadeals from C$149
- Hotel Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Wichitadeals from C$73
- Hotel Extended Stay America - Wichita - Eastdeals from C$91
- Hotel Airport Inn & Conference Centerdeals from C$75
- Hotel Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtowndeals from C$94
More Top Hotels
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Wichita Northeast, KS
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wichita East, Ks
- Wichita Inn North
- Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport
- Howard Johnson Express Inn - Wichita
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Northeast
- Best Western Wichita North Hotel & Suites
- Northrock Suites
- Days Inn and Suites Wichita East
- CrestView Suites Wichita
- Ambassador Hotel Wichita, Autograph Collection
- Hampton Inn Wichita-East
- SpringHill Suites Wichita East at Plazzio
- Best Western Plus Wichita West Airport Inn
- Hampton Inn & Suites Wichita/Airport
- Quality Suites Wichita
- Hotel at WaterWalk
- Candlewood Suites Wichita East
- Holiday Inn Express Wichita South
- Hotels in Toronto 11057 Hotels deals from C$27
- Hotels in Vancouver 4720 Hotels deals from C$38
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7426 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Montréal 9795 Hotels deals from C$24
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 1407 Hotels deals from C$36
- Hotels in New York 15107 Hotels deals from C$54
More Top Destinations
- Québec City
- Fort Lauderdale
- New Orleans
- Niagara Falls
- Washington D.C.
- Grand Forks
- San Francisco
- Myrtle Beach
- Miami Beach
- Atlantic City
- Virginia Beach
- San Diego
- La Malbaie
- Los Angeles
- South Padre Island