Hotels in Wasaga Beach, Canada
- Comprehensive hotel search for Wasaga Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Wasaga Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
Wasaga Beach - The Longest Freshwater Beach in the World!
This little town in Ontario is a record breaker with its stretch of sand measuring a whopping 14 kilometres, making it the longest freshwater beach in the world. Enjoying the sand and sea is the main draw to Wasaga Beach, but it’s actually just the tip of the iceberg when it comes down to all the different things you can do at this lively seaside destination. Its proximity to Toronto means the number of people in the town swells during in the summer months, when hotels, motels, and campsites are often fully booked.
Days at the Beach and Walks in the Park
The shops, restaurants, hotels, and attractions here are all situated around and in Wasaga Beach Provincial Park, with the Nottawasaga River naturally separating the woodland from the beach. All this green space and blue water lends itself well to outdoor activities, which can be as energetic or as lazy as you like! Swimming is a number one activity here, with the calm freshwater perfectly suitable for young children. Luckily Wasaga Beach is so long and wide that there’s more than enough space to play frisbee or kick around a football. Other activities to enjoy on the water include sailing and windsurfing, and there's even a boat launch where larger motorboats can be set into the water. In the parkland cycling is a great way to explore, and there are around 30 kilometres of trails through the sand dunes marked out for you to hike. The dunes here are home to around 230 species of birds, including the endangered Piping Plover.
Learn Some Local History at the Nancy Island Historic Site
You might be surprised to hear that Wasaga Beach was once the site of an important battle during the War of 1812, long before it became a hotbed of hotels and holidaymakers. You can find out all about the pivotal role Wasaga Beach played in the war at the Nancy Island Historic Site. The charred remains of the British HMS Nancy, destroyed in battle by American ships, are still on display here. There are many other artefacts to see too, and the whole story of how the battle for Canada’s frontiers was won is told. Outside of the winter months the staff even play out the old tale by performing roles of the crew, bringing history to life! It’s worth taking a guided tour of the site, which includes a replica of a Great Lakes lighthouse from the 19th century and an interesting video presentation. If you're lucky you might even get to participate in a cannon and musket demonstration!
Paddle Down the Winding Nottawasaga River
For an adventure you won't forget in Wasaga Beach, try canoeing or kayaking down the Nottawasaga River. Canoe rental services here are plentiful, so just ask at your hotel reception for the nearest one. There’s an official route provided by Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Area, made up of three different sections that provide entirely different experiences. More experienced paddlers might like to try the longest section, Nicolston to Angus, which is 32.5 kilometres and includes some small rapids to navigate. If you’re interested in the natural flora and fauna of the area then settle for the shortest section, Angus to Edenvale. Stretching for 19 kilometres, it passes through the Minesing Wetlands, complete with over 200 species of birds and 400 species of plants. The last section of the route is Edenvale to Wasaga Beach, 23.5 kilometres long which cuts through Jack’s Lake and towering sand dunes. All of the routes can be completed in a day, so just choose one!
Try Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing in the Winter
Wasaga Beach gets very quiet during the winter months, but one advantage is that you could bag yourself a great deal on a hotel room as it’ll be out of season. Even though it gets cold, that doesn’t mean you’ll be stuck for things to do when the snow starts to fall. Head to the Wasaga Beach Nordic & Trail Centre to start your cross-country skiing expedition! There are over 30 kilometres of different trails to choose from, each groomed but varying in difficult. Even for the most experienced nordic skiers, the High Dunes Trail will still be a challenge. For something a bit easier give the Blueberry Trail a go to get yourself started. There are also some snowshoeing trails to enjoy, and if you tread carefully you could be lucky enough to see a white-tailed deer. You can rent all the gear you need from the Trail Centre, where warming refreshments and amenities are also available.
Price rangefrom C$69to C$873
- Hotel Lakeview Resort Moteldeals from C$7
- Hotel Kingsbridge Inndeals from C$7
- Hotel Angels Wasaga Inn Cottagedeals from C$7
- Hotel Edgewater Resorts - Edgewater Inndeals from C$7
- Hotel Saga Resortdeals from C$70
- Hotel Oasis By The Bay Vacation Suitesdeals from C$67
More Top Hotels
- Beachfront at Wasaga
- Wasaga Riverdocks Suites
- Hollywood Cottages
- Sharodon Sands Motel
- Executive Beach Houses
- Wasaga Motel
- Birch Haven by the Beach
- J&J Motel
- Woodland Cedars Family Cottage Resort
- Alcove By The Beach - Wasaga Beach, Ontario
- Tony B Villas
- Wu Wus Cabins
- Zosia Summer And Winter Chalet - Wasaga Beach, Ontario
- Villa Nova
- Edgewater Resorts - Edgewater Cottages
- The Donato House
- Wasaga Luxury Town . Steps To The Beach!
- Balm Beach Log Cottage/house - Tiny, Ontario
- Upscale Luxury In Wasaga 4 Bedroom Beach House Located Steps From Wasaga Beach
- Edgewater Resorts - Edgewater By The Bay
- Alton Lodges
- Riverfront Cottages
- Riverfront Villa
- Nice Rustic Waterfront 3 Bdrm Cottage, Wasaga Beach 1
- Ski Blue
- Beach1 Riverfront Villa - Suite #3 - Wasaga Beach
- Travelodge Wasaga Beach
- Beach House #2 - Wasaga Beach
- Wonderful New Wasaga
- Family Memories Start Here
- Beach Villa- Hot Tub
- Lakeview Family Cottage-wasaga Beach/collingwood
- 2 Minute Walk To Beach
- Lovely & Cozy Private Vacation Home/cottage 3 Min. Walk To Beach 2
- Cute Cottage - Private Hot Tub!
- Riverfront Cottage 1 - Wasaga Beach
- Fun, Family, And Friends
- Family Memories Start Here!
- Suites Of Wasaga Beach - Area 2
- Lemoncello Beachouse
- Wasagas Largest Waterfront Villa Resort (4 Season)
- Inn On The Beach Resort
- Waterfront 5 Bdrm 4 Season Cottage Located In The Heart Of Wasaga Beach 1 Area,
- Suites of Wasaga
- Hotels in Toronto 11532 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 1465 Hotels deals from C$34
- Hotels in Barrie 207 Hotels deals from C$57
- Hotels in Collingwood 405 Hotels deals from C$55
- Hotels in Orillia 166 Hotels deals from C$49
- Hotels in Ottawa 1882 Hotels deals from C$33
More Top Destinations
- Owen Sound
- Parry Sound
- North Bay
- Québec City
- Richmond Hill
- New York
- St. Catharines
- Niagara Falls
- Muskoka Lakes