Hotels in Treasure Island, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Treasure Island online
- Find a cheap hotel in Treasure Island!
- Book at the ideal price!
There are real treasures to be discovered on Florida’s Treasure Island
If you recall Robert Louis Stevenson’s adventure tale, Treasure Island; you’ll probably retain a childhood picture of clear blue seas and white sandy beaches. Well, all that and more are here in Florida’s Treasure Island resort. OK, the pirates have all but gone now; replaced by an abundance of accommodation choices, restaurants and holiday fun activities. The weather’s set for fair though and it’s all plain sailing as you climb on board the Hispaniola and head off in the direction, Treasure Island. Landlubbers will gladly note that there are cheap flights too, into several near-neighbouring airports.
Discovering Florida’s Treasure Island
St. Petersburg is a very near neighbour to the Pinellas County based Treasure Island; which is, in fact, a barrier island and one of many in the region. During the mid-1800s, heavy seas created St. John’s Pass and split the Isles of Palms and Capri. In the 1900s and as part of an outrageously irresponsible effort to boost the area’s popularity, some extremely suspect, treasure filled chests were placed – or washed up – on the beach. It worked brilliantly though; the area became known as Treasure Island and its popularity as a fun holiday area escalated from that point. Artificial waterways, man-made land extensions and up-popping apartments, guest houses, motels and hotels; continue to just about keep pace with the visitors’ ongoing fascination with Treasure Island. Bordered by the Gulf of Mexico, there are three miles of white, sandy beaches at Treasure Island. Beach strolls here are augmented further by those along the enthralling Beach Trail. The result is that those memories of your island break will be treasured for many years to come.
If it comes to a swinging, swing all, say I
Those words were – executed - by Captain Billy Bones in the epic tale of Treasure Island. Thankfully, the meaning is entirely different now. Here in Florida the captain is more likely to be heading one of a number of visitor-welcoming golf clubs, where swings are the name of that particular game. There’s a golfing novelty here too and you can try your hand at the really fast-growing offshoot; pickle ball. Deep sea fishing is another popular tourist pursuit and the same day proceeds are there to be found and enjoyed in a number of convivial restaurants that are within easy reach of many hotels on Treasure Island, Fl. Hockey and tennis enthusiasts are also well catered for. For some reason though; lying on the beach, looking out over the Gulf of Mexico and twiddling toes in the soft, white sand is one of the most popular “in-activities” for visitors.
Kids; go, fly your kite on Treasure Island
Many hotels are family-friendly and idyllically located on Treasure Island’s glorious beach. It’s so easy then for kids – and adults – to wander along the vast expanses of white sand and enjoy many happy hours flying their kites. Many of Treasure Island’s hotels also have their own pool, so there’s no shortage of water-based fun things for the family to do together. The Beach trolley is the perfect way to access more of the region’s spectacular beaches; from Madeira Beach to the north and St. Pete’s Beach to the south. It is also only a short drive to the prime resort of St. Petersburg itself, where family attractions include the engrossing Science Center. You won’t need reminding- because the kids will tell you- that there are several great theme parks that are within a short driving distance of Treasure Island. It’s very family orientated here and there’s no shortage of fun things to do. Plus, the best one of all; that fabulous beach, is free.
Life on Treasure Island is eventful
Before it acquired its own character, status and appeal, Treasure Island was just a popular excursion to take for visitors to St. Petersburg. Now it has a life of its own, although covering only approximately five miles, 70% of which is water, there’s an understandable emphasis on beach, sea and outdoor pursuits generally. During the summer and in June, the Jolly Roger black flag of piracy is in evidence as part of re-enacted pirate battles at St. John’s Pass. Fireworks, street performers and live music are regularly presented on the gulf-side beach during July and August. Then, shiver your timbers and with pieces of eight in your pocket, it’s time to witness some really spectacular sunsets, prior to sampling a wee dram in the local hostelries. All within easy reach of many of the resort’s hotels and other accommodations, there’s always a great nightlife to enjoy on Treasure Island, plus lots of welcoming restaurants. There’s always a perfect end to the perfect day.
Price rangefrom C$71to C$317
- Hotel Treasure Island Ocean Clubdeals from C$74
- Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resortdeals from C$143
- Hotel Bilmar Beach Resortdeals from C$124
- Hotel Hotel Lorelei Resortdeals from C$104
- Hotel Million Dollar Views 100% Direct Gulffront Unit 2Br/2Bath ,sunset Vistas Resortdeals from C$115
- Hotel Island Inn Beach Resortdeals from C$124
More Top Hotels
- Tahitian Beach Resort
- Gorgeous One Bedroom 2Nd Floor Gulf View Of Sunset Beach
- Sunset Chateau 406 By Redawning
- Affordable Beach Condos
- Treasure Island Beach Resort
- Hotel Page Terrace Beachfront
- Sunset Vistas Two Bedroom Beachfront Suites
- Get Away to Our Island Sun Sand & Surf. Make Memories Here! Sunset Beach
- Relaxing Treasure Island Condo Steps From Beach, Watch Sunset From Your Balcony!
- Oasis Palms Resort
- New! Treasure Island Bungalow- Walk To Gulf & Pier
- Gorgeous Condo With Beach View!
- Spectacular Sunset Beach Gulf View 1bd Condo
- Fall Stays Reduced: Treasure Island Waterfront Gem
- Nordvind Resort
- Beach House
- Gorgeous100% Direct Gulffront Corner Unit , Sunset Vistas Resort
- iBeach Resort
- Pool Side Cottage #11
- Cozy Cottages On Sunset Beach - Unit East!
- The Bayside Inn & Marina
- Malyn Resort
- Awesome Location (Efficiency Unit at Sunset Cove)
- Normandy Resort
- Treasure Bay Resort & Marina
- Awesome Beachfront 1 Bedroom With Large Private Patio And Steps To The Beach
- Sand Pebble Resort Treasure Island
- Beautiful Treasure Island And Directly On Sunset Beach! Location, Location!
- Crystal Palms Beach Resort
- Cozy Condo On Sunset Beach #24 Harbor House
- Blue Waters Treasure Island
- Amadeus #6 Great 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Condo Just Steps From The Beach!
- Bayside Suite - Live On The Bay & Beach Across The Street!
- 2 Blocks From Beach. Waterfront, Pool, Private Boat Dock. 940 Sq Ft 2 Bdrm1 Bath
- Westwinds Waterfront Resort
- Hotels in St. Pete Beach 2064 Hotels deals from C$110
- Hotels in Madeira Beach 1471 Hotels deals from C$127
- Hotels in St. Petersburg 2333 Hotels deals from C$66
- Hotels in Clearwater Beach 1205 Hotels deals from C$92
- Hotels in Tampa 3216 Hotels deals from C$49
- Hotels in Orlando 19377 Hotels deals from C$35
More Top Destinations
- Fort Lauderdale
- Miami Beach
- Indian Rocks Beach
- Lake Buena Vista
- Daytona Beach
- Redington Shores
- Key West
- Fort Myers
- Pinellas Park
- Cocoa Beach
- New York
- Longboat Key
- Panama City Beach
- Anna Maria
- Fort Myers Beach
- Tarpon Springs
- Niagara Falls
- Palm Harbor
- Bradenton Beach
- Sanibel Island
- Pompano Beach
- West Palm Beach
- St. Augustine
- Vero Beach
- Québec City
- Cape Canaveral
- Sunny Isles Beach
- Las Vegas
- Key Largo