Hotels in Torremolinos, Spain
- Comprehensive hotel search for Torremolinos online
- Find a cheap hotel in Torremolinos!
- Book at the ideal price!
High flying Torremolinos in sunny southern Spain
For long and short breaks, there’s nowhere more conveniently placed than the fabulous beaches, hotels, shops and nightlife of Torremolinos. Malaga’s International Airport is a little over four miles away, so this Costa del Sol resort town is a diving board for those special sunshine and beach holidays. Almost a suburb of the cosmopolitan city of Malaga, Torremolinos is a friendly mix of residents and envying visitors. Torremolinos is also, the perfect spot from which to explore Spain’s sunny Costa del Sol coast, Gibraltar and even North Africa.
Well trained in Torremolinos
The local train from Malaga Airport stops off at Torremolinos, on Calle San Miguel – and close to Plaza de la Nogalera. If staying at one of many centrally based Torremolinos hotels, the only transfer expense that you’ll encounter is the miserly cost of the train. The train may stop close to your hotel in Torremolinos, but travel further on this Costa del Sol coastal railway and you are on-track to enjoy many of the Costa’s sunshine surprises. To the west, it’s full steam ahead to Fuengirola and to the east; there are sophisticated and historic thrills in the city of Malaga. Maybe Marbella is outside the budget range for a holiday; but not for a visit. Just bus it from the railway station at Fuengirola. Catching the Torremolinos train means that you’re enjoying some of the cheapest excursions around. This best value transport takes you via Line C1, to Los Boliches, Torreblanca, Caravajal, Los Alamos – and some delightful stations in between! So, mind the doors - and your holiday budget.
Torremolinos is favoured and flavoured
There’s a vast choice of hotels in Torremolinos. Many offer the high quality cuisine expected by guests visiting Spain’s warmest mainland holiday destination, the Costa del Sol region. The resort town, itself, offers Italian, Chinese, Japanese and Indian restaurant options so there’s little chance of starving in Torremolinos. More alternatives to hotel dining are found in the traditional Spanish restaurants and tapas bars of Torremolinos. Going further in the gastronomic direction of eating locally, you’ll enjoy the best fried fish ever in the chiringuitos; those busy, friendly restaurants, located on the beach. It comes as no surprise to find that, in early June, you’re even invited to join in at La Carihuela and Fried Fish Day. Neither will you want to miss the Torremolinos versions of Spain’s favourite dish, Paella, or those sardines roasting aromatically on the spit. Gazpacho is the cold soup made with vegetables and tomatoes and refreshing during those endless hot summer days. It’s a vegetarian favourite too, alongside a superb roasted pepper salad.
Sands of Time
All-inclusive holidays in Torremolinos are a long-standing tradition. Recent, massive investment has widened the resort’s appeal to new visitor horizons. Crucially, the almost five mile long revitalised promenade now links the resort-town’s six glorious, sandy beaches of Los Alamos, Playamar, Bajondillo, La Carihuela, Montemar, and El Saltillo. Locals in Torremolinos will tell you that the history of this, one of Spain’s most prominent resorts, is as impressive as its present and future. Nearby Cerro de Villar dates back to the Phoenician period. In 1498, Torremolinos was a camping site for troops as they undertook the Siege of Malaga, just along the road. Incidentally, Torremolinos’ original name was Molinos de la Torre, or Mills of the Tower. In more recent times, Torremolinos has adapted completely to its role as a major tourist resort town, whilst still retaining some impressive links to the past. These include La Carihuela’s fishing industry, where fins will, most definitely, continue to be what they used to be!
They’re Frying Tonight and it’s free to you
On the first Thursday in September, the locals thank you for choosing Torremolinos as your holiday destination. Open to all visitors, enjoy dancing, entertainment and lashings of free fried fish and paella. There are more fried fish freebies in June with Fried Fish Day. Throughout the year though, festival and fiesta fanatics aren’t short-changed in Torremolinos. Minerva, Goddess of War, is celebrated in the San Juan summer solstice and July sees the celebration of Virgin of the Carmen. Wine, food and dancing are essential ingredients of the San Miguel Romeria Pilgrimage and the San Miguel Fair in September sees concerts and even more food and drink. There are many events throughout the year that will keep you transfixed on Torremolinos as being a very special place. Holy Week, Crosses of May, Corpus Christi and Saint John’s Eve are just a few. The spectacular February Carnivals are staged throughout Spain, including Torremolinos and place the entire country in a very special category of its own.
Price rangefrom C$28to C$2,519
- Hotel La Cuevadeals from C$7
- Hotel Hotel Torremolinos Centrodeals from C$33
- Hotel Gran Cervantes by BlueSeadeals from C$59
- Hotel Apartment Montemardeals from C$7
- Hotel Apartamento Con Vistas En Vielhadeals from C$153
- Hotel Meliá Costa del Soldeals from C$113
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Puente Real
- Sol Timor by Meliá.
- Palm Beach club Apartamentos
- Don Pepe
- Hotel Natali Torremolinos
- La Baranda
- Hotel Carmen Teresa
- Apartamentos Edificio Capricho
- Sol House Costa del Sol by Melia
- Parasol Garden Hotel
- Marconfort Griego
- Hotel Los Jazmines
- Royal Costa
- Hotel Royal Al Andalus
- Hotel Adriano
- Hotel Mediterráneo Carihuela
- Ecuador Park Apartments
- Hostal Málaga Inn
- Princesa Solar
- Roc Flamingo Hotel
- Apartamentos Guaquin
- Sun Sport Hotel
- Hotel Kristal
- Apartamentos Carolina
- Joy Beach B&B
- Carihuela Beach
- Hotel Roc Costa Park
- Apartamentos Torreon Del Mar
- Bajondillo Beach Cozy Inns Adults Only
- Detached House With Pool, 200m. The Beach, Restaurants And Shops
- 2 Bedroom Sea View Penthouse Newly Decorated With Wi Fi, Photos And Description
- Nogalera View, Torremolinos, Cerca De La Playa Y Del Tren.
- Apartamentos Zenplaya 14
- Newly Refurbished Studio Apt. Bright, Spacious , Modern, In A Fantastic Location
- Precioso Apartamento En La Carihuela, Torremolinos
- Torremolinos Costa del Sol with garden, pool and partial sea view
- Wunderschöne Strandwohnung Mit Meerblick, Wlan Und Klimaanlage.
- Most modern holiday apartment in a quiet residential area with all amenities
- Sunny Top Floor Air-conditioned Apartment With Fantastic Seaviews And Free Wifi
- Hotels in Málaga 10620 Hotels deals from C$23
- Hotels in Benalmadena 4529 Hotels deals from C$35
- Hotels in Fuengirola 2952 Hotels deals from C$22
- Hotels in Marbella 9033 Hotels deals from C$36
- Hotels in Seville 7753 Hotels deals from C$23
- Hotels in Granada 4198 Hotels deals from C$20
More Top Destinations
- Costa del Sol
- Málaga province
- Torre del Mar
- Puerto Banus
- Torrox Costa
- Jerez de la Frontera
- Niagara Falls
- New York
- Québec City
- Malaga Monda
- Arcos de la Frontera
- Las Vegas
- Province of Seville
- La Línea de la Concepción