Hotels in St. John's, Canada
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. John's online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. John's!
- Book at the ideal price!
St. John's, One of North America's Oldest Cities
Take a stroll through one of North America's oldest cities where you will discover a snug harbour sprinkled with rows of gumdrop-coloured houses and lush tree-lined streets. Wander down narrow streets and hidden alleyways that were once a means of travel to many horses and carriages over one-hundred years ago.
Like a miniature San Francisco, St John's, Newfoundland, is also home to a large number of hot-spot restaurants, art galleries, famous landmarks, fancy fashion boutiques, and luxury hotels.
Climb into History
Make your way through the battery of Signal Hill and climb up to the iconic Cabot Tower where you can discover everything you need to know about the town's great historic past. Travel back in time and discover where legendary Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi received the first transatlantic wireless signal in 1901 or learn about the harbour resistance in St. John's during the 17th century that continued until the Second World War.
Don't miss out on a breathtaking coastal hike and the lively theatrical performance while you are there. With stunning views of the Atlantic as a bonus and numerous hotels nearby to rest your weary body after a day of conquering steep slopes, this is the most popular place to visit while in St. John's.
Visit the oldest surviving 19th-century lighthouse in Newfoundland known as Cape Spear, located on the Avalon Peninsula. While you are there, take time to watch the mesmerizing waves crashing below and observe the sienna sunset in the distance. With seagulls carefully circling around the top of the lighthouse, massive icebergs slowly passing by, Humpback whales breaching in the cobalt-coloured ocean below and magnificent panoramic views, you can only imagine what type of life the lighthouse keepers and their family lead.
Play and Stay on George Street
When you visit St. John's, make sure you stroll along the colourful strip of George Street where you can explore a multitude of trendy pubs, ethnic restaurants, chic cafes, and lively entertainment venues. George Street boasts the most pubs and bars per square-foot of any other street in North America. Pub crawl anyone?
You can most certainly stay in the area overnight and stay close to the action of George Street as there are many quality hotel options nearby that offer a comfortable luxury stay. Most travellers that stay at the local hotels in St. John's aspire to explore all of the Avalon Peninsula in just a few days. (Which, of course, only works out if you say goodnight to the fun and activities on George Street at a reasonable hour.)
Puffins, Caves and Icebergs Galore
Outdoor enthusiast? Rent a car and see the largest Atlantic puffin colony in North America. You will be amazed to discover that over 260,000 pairs of Newfoundland's official birds nest here when the late spring and summer months arrive.
If you have more time during your visit to St. John's, take a nature walk through Salmonier Nature Park. Originally established as an environmental education centre, the park is a top attraction for nature enthusiasts that come to town. This park not only offers learning and educational experiences, it gives visitors the opportunity to observe as well as learn how to sustain and protect the environment and wilderness.
Those that are in for more of an adrenaline rush can put a headlamp on and explore the mystical cavern at Corner Brook Caves or steam past 12,000-year old glacial giants with a thrilling St. John's boat tour.
Cannon Booms, Mardi Gras and the Blues
If history is your passion, the Signal Hill Tattoo event in late July is a must-do, where you can hear cannon booms and muskets go off to commemorate the last battle of the Seven Year War. Internationally known as an award winning historical animation performance, this tattoo represents the duties of His Majesty's Royal Newfoundland Regiment of Foot and the 27th Company, 2nd Battalion that had to suffer harsh conditions at Signal Hill between the French and British in the late 1970's.
Those looking for a fun evening full of the bizarre and wonderful can pack a colourful costume and experience New Orleans' Mardi Gras festivities at the annual St. John's Halloween Mardi Gras. Every year, the citizens of St. John's transform George Street into the largest costume part in the entire country and enjoy some devilish spooky fun!
Many music lovers and fellow musicians make it a mission of attending the George Street Festival every year. This crowd-attracting annual event hosts a variety of bands, including performances by popular Canadian rockers and country stars. Love jazz and blues? Enjoy five days of incredible performances at the annual Wreckhouse International Jazz & Blues Festival - a thrilling musical event that always has people talking for months afterwards.
Price rangefrom C$76to C$1,066
- Hotel Hillview Terrace Suitesdeals from C$79
- Hotel Fairfield Inn & Suites St. John's Newfoundlanddeals from C$104
- Hotel The Duckworth Inndeals from C$71
- Hotel JAG Hoteldeals from C$137
- Hotel Best Western Plus St. John's Airport Hotel & Suitesdeals from C$104
- Hotel Capital Hoteldeals from C$88
More Top Hotels
- The Elizabeth Manor Guesthouse
- The Roses Heritage Inn
- Sandman Signature St. Johns
- City Hostel
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites St John's Airport
- Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre
- Sheraton Hotel Newfoundland
- Honeymoon Suite Near Park Ave
- Holiday Inn St. John's Conference Centre
- Hotel Extended Stay Canada St Johns
- Cozy Pet Friendly Home
- Courtyard St. John's Newfoundland
- Downtown Executive Suites
- Super 8 St Johns NL
- A Beauty On Olde Topsail Road
- Brand New, 2 Bedroom, 1 Sofa Bed, 1 Bath Fully Furnished Apartment
- Premiere Suites - St. John's
- Bannerman Park Suites
- Hometel On Signal Hill
- Hotel The Franklin
- Crossroads Inn & Suites
- Hotel Ramada St. John's
- Across From Beautiful Bowring Park 2brm Apt
- Gower Manor
- Abba Inn Downtown
- Downtown Suites Queens Road
- Water Street Condos
- Beautiful Home In Flatrock, Spectacular Ocean View, Spacious Grounds, Magical
- 21 Colonial
- Luxury 2nd Floor Waterfront Condo
- St. Johns Premiere Short And Long Term Rentals In The Heart Of Downtown.
- Distinctive Heritage Row House In Downtown St. Johns
- 3 Bedroomtownhouse In The Centre Of Historic St. Johns - Great Location
- Alt Hotel St. John's
- Warm, Inviting, Conveniently Located 3 Br House. Jacuzzi Ensuite, Private Garden
- Condo nestled in the heart of historic downtown just steps from all amenities.!
- 2 Bedroom Home in Heart of Downtown
- Welcome To Downtown St. Johns
- Impeccable Two Bedroom
- Rookery Cottage located in Historic Battery St. John's - new listing in 2018.
- Downtown Executive W Fireplace & Location
- Hotels in Toronto 6445 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Montréal 5807 Hotels deals from C$23
- Hotels in Mount Pearl 13 Hotels deals from C$88
- Hotels in Québec City 1568 Hotels deals from C$30
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 907 Hotels deals from C$34
- Hotels in Vancouver 2790 Hotels deals from C$36
More Top Destinations
- New York
- Harbour Grace
- La Malbaie
- Corner Brook
- Petty Harbour
- Las Vegas
- Fort Lauderdale
- Niagara Falls
- Old Orchard Beach
- Washington D.C.