Hotels in St. George, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. George online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. George!
- Book at the ideal price!
St. George: A Colourful Paradise in the Desert
Saint George may be Utah’s seventh-largest city but what it lacks in size, it makes up for in popularity. Situated less than two hours’ northeast of Las Vegas, the city attracts millions of visitors each year. They come for many reasons, not least the seemingly endless sunny days, the stunning landscape, and the welcoming vibe that accompanies every trip. Hotels in St. George come in all flavours, so whether you’re looking for eco-friendly digs or a place that will house your dog, you’re sure to find the perfect spot.
By far one of the most popular reasons to visit St. George is to enjoy the great outdoors. The city boasts an enviable setting in what is perhaps America’s greatest outdoor recreation area. Snow Canyon State Park lies immediately north of the city while the Pine Valley Mountain Wilderness area is just a little further afield. The icing on the cake for outdoor enthusiasts is the city’s proximity to Zion National Park where, along with the iconic red cliffs, features include the Zion Narrows and the Emerald Pools. You can, of course, explore at your own pace and in the way you prefer. Hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding are all easily accessible although it’s just as easy to enjoy the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive from the comfort of your car or a local tour bus.
Arts & Culture
Outdoor adventures may enjoy centre stage in St. George but there are other stages to enjoy. Fans of the theatre have many options available to them; the St. George Musical Theater and Brigham’s Playhouse both offer local productions while the stunning Tuacahn Amphitheatre at the mouth of Padre Canyon plays host to festivals, concerts, and the city’s annual Broadway season. Cultural attractions don’t end there. You might also like to explore fascinating destinations such as the Zion Human History Museum, the Silver Reef Museum, and the Western Aviation Museum or admire the work of local artists at the De Zion Gallery. Additional highlights include the Coyote Gulch Art Village and the St. George Art Festival, the latter held annually in April.
St. George is a great place for the whole family. Younger guests will, of course, appreciate being able to run free in the city’s various parks and beauty spots not to mention the stunning outdoor playground that is the Red Cliffs Desert Reserve. When it’s time to take things down a notch, there are still plenty of activities to choose from. Lead kids on a journey of discovery by taking them along to the St. George Children’s Museum, the North American Wildlife Museum, or the fascinating Dinosaur Discovery Site at Johnson Farm. Cool down at the Washington City Community Center on North 100 East; home to Southern Utah’s largest indoor aquatic centre, it counts a lazy river, an enormous dump bucket, and a hydro tube slide among its many exciting features.
Shopping and Dining
Shopping may not be the main focus in St. George but there’s enough variety to keep most people happy. Stock up on locally made gifts and souvenirs at the unique stores found at historic Ancestor Square or seek out branded bargains at Red Cliffs Mall and The Outlets at Zion. For something a little different, head northeast past the Dixie National Forest to pick up a pair of cowboy boots at the infamous Cowboy Collectibles. While you’re there, don’t forget to check out the Old West memorabilia which includes items once owned by Buffalo Bill. When it’s time for refreshments, there’s a decent choice of restaurants in the city, probably more so that in the rest of Southern Utah. Dining options are clustered within Ancestor Square and along Bluff Street.
Sightseeing and Events
While on your travels through St. George, be sure to look out for historical landmarks such as the St. George Tabernacle, The Brigham Young Writer Home and Office, and the St. George Utah Temple, the latter the first temple of its kind to be completed by the Church of the Latter-Day Saints following their forced departure from Illinois. Depending on when you visit, you may be able to catch one of the city’s many festivals and events. Among the most popular of these is the St. George Winter Bird Festival when wildlife enthusiasts flock to catch sight of the area’s almost 400 species of colourful birds. In the summer and fall, a short drive northeast to Cedar City allows you to enjoy the annual Utah Shakespeare Festival.
Price rangefrom C$46to C$927
- Hotel Red Lion Hotel St. Georgedeals from C$82
- Hotel Hotel Comfort Inn at Convention Centerdeals from C$74
- Hotel The Inn at St.Georgedeals from C$49
- Hotel Hampton Inn & Suites St. George, Utdeals from C$108
- Hotel Best Western Coral Hillsdeals from C$86
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Ramada St George
- Saint George Inn & Suites
- My Place Hotel-St. George, UT
- Desert Garden Inn Trademark Collection by Wyndham
- Holiday Inn St. George Conv Ctr
- Baymont Inn And Suite St. George North
- Hotel America's Best Inn - St. George
- Best Western Plus Abbey Inn
- Hotel Fairfield Inn St. George
- Quality Inn Saint George South Bluff
- Courtyard St George
- The Inn at Entrada
- Hotel Ambassador Inn St George
- Dixie Palm Motel
- TownePlace Suites St. George
- La Quinta Inn & Suites St. George
- Chalet Motel
- Claridge Inn
- Completely Updated Condo In Las Palmas Resort-Sleeps 6 Comfortably
- Hyatt Place St George/Convention Center
- Lounging At The Ledges
- Family Fun Las Palmas Resort Condo | Walk Right out to Playground and Pool
- S404 - Luxury 3 Bed 3 Bath Suite Sleeps Up To 10
- Fun Family Friendly Vacation Condo In Sports Village
- Largest 2 Bedroom/2 Bath At The Sports Village Resort With Vaulted Ceilings
- Rent The Abby Room, When You Come To St. George. We Would Love To Have You !
- Lofty Views 2011 Las Palmas Family Friendly 3bd 2ba Pools Sleeps 8
- Tru By Hilton St George, Ut
- Staybridge Suites St George
- Oasis 1 Bd Condo In Sports Village - Plus Bunk Bed Nook
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7839 Hotels deals from C$24
- Hotels in Vancouver 4938 Hotels deals from C$36
- Hotels in Toronto 11428 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Springdale 106 Hotels deals from C$168
- Hotels in Hurricane 731 Hotels deals from C$76
- Hotels in San Francisco 5827 Hotels deals from C$42
More Top Destinations
- Zion National Park
- New York
- Niagara Falls
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Cedar City
- Palm Springs
- Québec City
- Salt Lake City
- Bryce Canyon City
- Fort Lauderdale
- North Las Vegas
- Santa Monica
- Grand Canyon Village
- Grand Forks
- Niagara Falls