Hotels in St. Augustine Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for St. Augustine Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in St. Augustine Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
A Stunning Spanish-Inspired City - It’s St. Augustine Beach
“The world is a book and if you do not travel you read only one page.” - Saint Augustine
Located on Anastasia Island, just six miles south of central St. Augustine, St. Augustine Beach occupies less than two miles of space in Florida’s St. Johns County. What this coastal city lacks in size, visitors often find that it makes up for in character and ease of access to attractions and hotspots along the coast. Accommodation options include traditional hotels, condos, and B&Bs, so choose your favourite and dig into the delights of this popular seaside destination.
As its name suggests, you can look forward to a generous helping of beach life here. Hotels in St. Augustine Beach are typically near the waterfront so, once settled in, you’re never more than a short stroll from the sand. At St. Augustine Beach proper, you’ll find white sand along with attractions such as a playground and pavilion and the St. Johns County Ocean Pier. Vehicles are allowed on certain areas of the beach here although if you head a little further south, you can enjoy the quieter surroundings of Crescent Beach within Anastasia State Park. Similar unspoiled surroundings can be found at North Beach while those who like to combine sand with shopping will love the upscale retail options near South Ponte Vedra Beach. Pet owners needn’t miss the fun; dogs are welcome at several beaches in the area, including the popular Vilano Beach. Beach wheelchairs are available to hire from St. Johns County Beach Services Department.
St. Augustine, easily accessible from its beach suburb, is known as the Nation’s Oldest City so it is unsurprising that historic attractions are part of the fabric here. Many of these can be found within a block or two of the downtown Plaza de la Constitución. Those to look out for include the First Colony Museum, Cathedral Basilica of St. Augustine, and the St. Augustine Distillery Company. While it’s easy enough to visit the area’s historic attractions on a solo basis, tours are readily available in the area. For example, there are twice daily tours of Flagler College, the former site of Hotel Ponce de Leon, one of the iconic hotels of Florida’s Gilded-Age. The Old Town Trolley Tour, operating daily except for Christmas Day, is another popular way to explore St. Augustine’s historic destinations. Over 100 points of interest are easily accessible although highlights include the Fountain of Youth, St. Augustine Lighthouse, the Villa Zorayda Museum, and Castillo de San Marcos.
Shopping and Dining
Shopping choices near St. Augustine Beach are often found to be particularly good and, perhaps unsurprisingly, antique stores are plentiful here. Some of the best can be found along San Marco Avenue although it’s also worth heading north to the famous Antique Warehouse. Alongside the antique stores, you’ll find plenty of independent and speciality stores, all offering a fabulous selection of souvenirs. Bargain hunters will want to visit the area’s two outlet malls; St. Augustine Premium Outlets and Cobblestone Village. Wherever you choose to get your retail therapy, you’ll likely work up an appetite. There are restaurants to suit every appetite here but you’ll want to leave room to enjoy a meal at iconic local eateries such as Barnacle Bills and Salt Water Cowboys.
Recreation and Nightlife
Lazy days on the beach, shopping, dining, and historical tours are probably enough to keep most visitors busy but if you find yourself with time to spare, St. Augustine Beach has plenty up its sleeve. Recreation options in the area are often of the physical variety. Cycling and hiking trails are numerous although there are also many chances to explore the area by boat or on horseback. Golfers are also well catered for. There is a fair few members only clubs although public options such as TPC Sawgrass and the World Golf Village should keep fans of the fairway happy. Action packed days turn into fun filled nights and ways to spend the evening here are as varied as the daytime pastimes. Enjoy a drink at one of the area’s bars and clubs or put your brave face on and head off on a haunted tour of the city’s oldest pubs and graveyards. While some tours are suitable for guests aged over 13, tamer versions are available for families with younger children.
Exploring the Wider Area
If you’re enjoying a longer break, you may wish to explore a little further afield. St. Augustine Beach offers a perfect base from which to explore the Florida Coast. Just an hour north lies Jacksonville where attractions include the Kingsley Plantation and Little Talbot Island State Park. Head in the opposite direction and you could be enjoying trips to the European Village in Palm Coast or experiencing the thrills of the Daytona International Speedway. Plus, with Orlando just two hours away, theme parks such as Universal, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom are by no means out of reach.
St. Augustine Beach: The kind of place where you can be as laid back or as active as you like.
Price rangefrom C$83to C$347
- Hotel Newly Renovated, Fully Loaded, Beautiful Beach Condodeals from C$140
- Hotel Hotel Quality Inn & Suites St Augustinedeals from C$79
- Hotel Walk To Beach! Short Drive To Old Town St Augustine! Close To Everything!deals from C$93
- Hotel Best Western Seaside Inn-St. Augustine Beachdeals from C$113
- Hotel Courtyard St. Augustine Beachdeals from C$133
- Hotel St Augustine Island Inndeals from C$87
More Top Hotels
- Hampton Inn St Augustine Beach
- Hotel La Fiesta Ocean Inn & Suites
- Guy Harvey Resort on St. Augustine Beach
- Avery's Ocean Breeze B, Ocean View,3 Bedrooms, Pet Friendly, Sleeps 6
- Island South 11 By Vacation Rental Pros
- Ocean & Racquet 3204, 2 Bedrooms, 2nd Floor, Sleeps 6, 2 Pools
- Atlantic Ocean Front Condo Directly On The Beach
- 5 Star, Ocean-View Close To St. Augustine Attractions
- Bright, Beachy Condo 15 Steps to the Sand, Free WiFi, 1st Floor, Large Pool
- 3 Bedroom Condo/ Sleeps 8 / Recently Beautifully Renovated
- St. Augustine Beach And Tennis 117, Steps To Beach, 2 Pools,wifi.ground Floor
- Barefoot Oceanview W/ Heated Pool, Cozy Beach Cottage Decor
- Private 2b Carriage House Steps From The Beach. New Construction. Ideal Location
- Ocean View. Heated Pool
- St. Augustine Ocean And Racquet 1306, Steps To The Beach, 2 Bedroom Condo
- Ocean Reef Unit 104 - Easy Beach Living
- Oceanfront Dream!
- Beautifully Renovated 3 Bedroom Oceanview Condo
- The Sand Castle! Big Beach House Perfect Location Great Price!
- Beachfront St. Augustine Beach Condo w/Pool Access
- Newly Constructed Beach Side Home With Private Pool On St. Augustine Beach- 5 Bedrooms/4 Bath
- Brand new listing! Upstairs unit just completed! Pets welcome!
- Comfy And Chic At The Beach! Cozy, Fun & Fabulous! Steps From St Augustine Beach
- Beach Retreat In St. Augustine - So Cute!
- Hotels in St. Augustine 3268 Hotels deals from C$58
- Hotels in Orlando 15646 Hotels deals from C$35
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 1819 Hotels deals from C$49
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 3597 Hotels deals from C$25
- Hotels in Kissimmee 28934 Hotels deals from C$32
- Hotels in Miami Beach 6527 Hotels deals from C$37
More Top Destinations
- Lake Buena Vista
- Ormond Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- New York
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Key West
- Clearwater Beach
- Niagara Falls
- Palm Coast
- Panama City Beach
- St. Pete Beach
- Jacksonville Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Cape Canaveral
- Treasure Island
- Québec City
- Fort Myers
- Flagler Beach
- Pompano Beach
- West Palm Beach
- Vero Beach
- Las Vegas
- New Smyrna Beach
- St. Petersburg
- Winter Garden
- Fernandina Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach
- Fort Myers Beach