Hotels in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Comprehensive hotel search for Puerto Vallarta online
- Find a cheap hotel in Puerto Vallarta!
- Book at the ideal price!
Puerto Vallarta: A Mexican Destination Known for Wonderful Wildlife
An enticing Mexican city on the Pacific Coast, Puerto Vallarta was founded in 1851. Known for its splendid beaches, the destination was first marketed to leisure travellers in 1942. Besides the lovely scenery and modern hotels, the city's residents are characteristically friendly, which makes this place even more attractive. This destination features a branch of the University of Guadalajara, one of the most respected learning institutions in the country. Plus, the city's oceans are rich with wildlife. Three species of dolphins and five kinds of sea turtles live in its waters. It's also possible to see humpback whales during winter.
Romantic Excursions for Couples
Puerto Vallarta is a popular destination for couples that are celebrating honeymoons or other milestones. You might choose to stay in an all-inclusive hotel with numerous places to dine and a spa that provides couples massages. Regardless of your accommodation choices, make sure to enjoy the narrow streets of the Old Town district, which is sometimes referred to as the Zona Romántica, because there are so many activities there that cater to people in love. Hold hands while perusing art at a local gallery, and then share a freshly made taco from one of the neighbourhood's popular street food stands. Alternatively, book a sunset cruise that takes you and your special someone on the smooth waters of Banderas Bay. Snap gloriously vibrant sunset photographs that feature orange, red and pink sections of the sky, then settle in and sip a glass of champagne to celebrate your relationship. Regardless of how long you've been together, Puerto Vallarta features numerous activities to remind you why you fell in love.
Go to a Puerto Vallarta Festival
Puerto Vallarta's residents never pass up opportunities to have good times and fortunately, they love to let visitors join in the festivities. If you'll be in the area in May, your trip might coincide with Puerto Vallarta Pride, an annual event that pays tribute to the area's diversity and accepting attitude. Usual events include a block party and a fashion show, giving you ample opportunities to mingle with locals. Alternatively, if your holiday happens during the first part of December, you might get to experience in one of the annual pilgrimages that pay tribute to Our Lady of Guadalupe, or the Virgin Mary. This time of the year is integral in Mexican culture because it recalls an event in 1531 when a Tepeyac peasant reportedly saw an image of the religious figure. Modern day celebrations of the event feature traditional Mexican food, plus chants and praises uttered to pay respect to the Virgin Mary. These pilgrimages offer excellent examples of local religious culture.
Delectable Dining and Drinks to Enjoy
Many people specifically look forward to eating in new places while they travel, because being somewhere new gives them good excuses to try new foods and even splurge on meals that are more expensive than what they usually order. If you can relate to that, get ready to indulge when you're spending time in Puerto Vallarta. One of the best things about this destination is it offers such a wide variety of cuisines, not to mention all kinds of atmospheres and price ranges. Whether you want to enjoy a fine dining experience while feasting on tender steak by candlelight or would rather drop into a café and grab some freshly made tortilla chips, those are both realistic options. As for drinks, beverages made with tequila are especially popular, so you might just go with a margarita. Otherwise, consider treating yourself to a frozen blended fruit beverages featuring familiar ingredients like strawberries and bananas. They're excellent for cooling off with as you lie on the beach during hot days.
Awe-Inspiring and Unforgettable Attractions
If you're eager to see an extremely lush example of one of the area's rainforest, look no further than El Eden. Once used as the filming site for an Arnold Schwarzenegger film, this sprawling and unspoiled natural wonder features birds, pythons and much more. Many tour groups cater to people who want to visit from their hotels and go on guided excursions. Active-minded travellers may enjoy some of El Eden's mountain hikes, or opt to see the area on horseback. Otherwise, it's possible to see things from the vantage point of an open-top bus. Also, get an authentic taste of the local way of life while strolling along the El Malecon Boardwalk. A perpetually popular attraction for tourists, this waterfront landmark features beautiful statues spaced out along the walkway. You'll also find various shops and restaurants, selling everything from Puerto Vallarta tee shirts to leather wallets. Open-air markets happen frequently, giving you chances to pick out handcrafted items or feast on piping-hot fare ranging from shrimp to crepes.
Price rangefrom C$13to C$7,401
- Hotel Modern Luxury Condo 507 With Amazing Views In Lively Old Towndeals from C$253
- Hotel Condominio De La Brisasdeals from C$41
- Hotel Barceló Puerto Vallartadeals from C$150
- Hotel Flamingo Vallarta Hotel & Marinadeals from C$40
- Hotel Suite Oceanside home with beach, pool and endless amenitiesdeals from C$127
More Top Hotels
- Hotel Krystal Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Royal Decameron Complex
- Friendly Vallarta
- Suites Coral
- Hotel Riu Jalisco
- View Of Life! Penthouse - Reasonable Rates
- Hotel Hacienda De Vallarta Centro
- Casa Vacacional En Vallarta
- Dterrace Luxury Residence 305
- Elegant Oceanside Home, Panoramic Sea And City Views And Incredible Amenities
- Olas Altas Suites
- Casa Libertad
- Holiday Inn Express Puerto Vallarta
- 1242 Pacific
- Sea River Towers Beachfront Condo ; Relax in Paradise!
- Villas Rodelinda
- Meliá Puerto Vallarta
- Hotel Tradicional Villa del Mar
- Beachfront tranquility with beautiful views of Banderas Bay and Puerto Vallarta
- Paradise on the Pacific !
- Almar Resort Luxury LGBT Beach Front Experience
- Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
- Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa
- Hilton Puerto Vallarta Resort
- Plaza Pelicanos Club Beach Resort
- Puerto Vallarta Beach Front Condos
- The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta
- Location! Brand New 1 B/2 Ba Beautiful Condo At Zenith In The Heart Of Old Town
- Riu Vallarta All Inclusive
- Above Los Muertos Beach & Old Town. Spectacular Bay Views
- Villa Mercedes Petit Hotel
- Emperador Beachfront Hotel & Suites
- Hotel Vallarta Palace
- Grand Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta
- Playa Los Arcos Hotel Beach Resort & Spa
- Bella Loma 103. Great Amenities & Location In Zona Romantica. 5 Mins To Beach.
- Beautiful Mismaloya beach-front condo
- Tres Palmas 1 Bed/1Bath 1Block To Beach Heated Pool A/C,Washer/DrySecurity
- Embarcadero Pacífico Hotel & Villas
- Crown Paradise Club Puerto Vallarta
- Hotels in Nuevo Vallarta 2368 Hotels deals from C$52
- Hotels in Toronto 5608 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Rincón de Guayabitos 200 Hotels deals from C$30
- Hotels in Vancouver 2695 Hotels deals from C$36
- Hotels in Las Vegas 5288 Hotels deals from C$24
- Hotels in Bahía de Banderas 398 Hotels deals from C$39
More Top Destinations
- Niagara Falls
- Barra de Navidad
- New York
- Québec City
- Fort Lauderdale
- Cabo San Lucas
- Playa del Carmen
- San Francisco
- Mexico City
- South Padre Island
- New Orleans
- Miami Beach
- San Diego
- Los Angeles
- Washington D.C.
- Niagara Falls
- San Jose del Cabo
- Isla Mujeres