Hotels in Panama City Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Panama City Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Panama City Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
Panama City, The World's Most Beautiful Beaches
Panama City Florida is situated between St. Andrews Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, what was once an industrial and partially military city, has since transformed into an idyllic travel destination for Spring Breakers, family vacations, and beach resort escape.
Panama City beaches are known to be one of the world's most beautiful. Hotels, motels and inns are among the options that can be found on the oceanfront and inland. Visitors often find that rates vary depending on time of year and season in Panama City.
Transportation to Beach Destination
Getting around in Panama City Beach is relatively easy. Many opt to rent scooters for getting around but taxis are also fairly prevalent. Unique to the city is the Bay Town Trolley system which runs throughout the city.
The nearest airport, Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport is approximately 16 miles from the city. One of the prominent features of Panama City, FL, is its white sand beaches that stretches for about 27 miles along the Gulf of Mexico, with plenty oceanfront hotels to choose from. In fact Panama City encompasses five major beaches: Rick Seltzer Park, St. Andrews State Park, Russel-Fields Pier, Camp Helen and Long Beach. Many of these locations offer an array of entertainment and accommodations from the cheap to high-end upscale. Whatever your budget may be, there's something for everyone.
SPRING BREAK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD
During the months of March and April, Panama City, Florida transforms into a Spring Break destination with over 100,000 schools in the area. Make your hotel reservations fast! The area becomes, “The Spring Break Capital of the World". Visitors during the break season should not miss out on the legendary Tiki Bar located right on the Sandpiper Beach Resort. Or the 15 other clubs and pubs Spring Break crawl with live concerts and contest events. While fun is available for all ages, Spring Break events are mostly limited to those 21 and above. If you fall under the age limitation, there are still plenty of activities and amusement themes to experience and explore.
ACTIVITIES AND FUN IN THE SUN
Rent a scooter, race some go-karts, ride a slingshot or drive a dune buggy. These are just some of the things you can do while having fun in the sun in lovely Panama City, Florida. But for the adventure seekers there are plenty of options. At the Shell Island go snorkeling and swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Discovery. Cool off and have some fun at the Shipwreck Island Waterpark or Catamaran Cruise Adventure. Satisfy your curiosity by visiting the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum. Learn about fish and the local habitat at the Gulf Island Marine Park. Or simply play a round of golf at the Holiday Golf Club.
For fun on the open waters, try some deep sea fishing or spear fishing using any of the locally licensed private charter boats. There are even boats with glass bottoms so that the passengers can really have a peak into the plentiful ocean life in and along Panama City Beach's waters. Scuba Diving and surf lessons are also available at the many shops and service providers along the ocean front.
Panama City Beach is home to many conventions and live events. If your visiting for only a brief time, be sure to look into what possible events might be taking place.
Consider staying at a serviced apartment, sometimes the rates are equal to if not less than some hotels. Serviced apartments are often equipped with added features and amenities such as a functional kitchen or wash room. Majestic Beach is one such apartment with relatively competitive rates that vary depending on season.
The Pearl is a rather upscale hotel, takes reservations and is slightly further away from the city center, by approximately 12 miles. It is however, a quiet setting and if this is an important criteria, it is worth considering.
The Comfort Suites is hotel that is located just 2 miles from the city center. Here, you have the convenience of being close to all the fun and being far enough so that the noise of the city becomes too cumbersome.
TIPS FOR TRAVELERS
Because of the location, Panama City is blessed with warm and sunny weather mostly year round. While activities are available year round be sure to research and determine what activities might or might not be available during your visit. Fishing certain species of fish might be out of season. Similarly various water crafts and activities might be out of season as well.
Fresh caught seafood is plentiful along the waterfront and restaurants, make sure to ask your server what the specials of the day are. Many seafood restaurants operate on or near boardwalks.
To avoid the crowds of Spring Breakers, avoid planning your travel on the busy months of March and April. Events and theme parks operate mostly year round so there's never a lack of things to do.
If your looking to become scuba certified, be sure to set aside at least 5 days, depending on the program and regimen and scuba diving school. The waters in Panama City Beach, are extremely clear making it an ideal place to dive and become certified. Additional water sports and activities such as jet-skiing are widely available along the beach.
Price rangefrom C$54to C$557
- Hotel Beautiful Oceanfront 1 Bedroom Condo at Long Beach Resort Free Beach Chairsdeals from C$7
- Hotel Gulf Highlands 133deals from C$7
- Hotel Beachfront, Ocean View, Sunsets, Resort, Indoor & Outdoor Activities, Quiet Unitdeals from C$55
- Hotel Majestic Beach Towersdeals from C$106
- Hotel Top of the Gulf by Emerald View Resortsdeals from C$98
- Hotel Wyndham Panama City Beachdeals from C$98
More Top Hotels
- Shores Of Panama - 2 Br Condo, Panama City Beach - Rjv 50019
- Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort
- Radisson Hotel Panama City Beach - Oceanfront
- Tidewater Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals
- Origin At Seahaven
- Beachside Resort Panama City Beach
- Inn at St Thomas Square
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Panama City Beach - Beachfront
- Hotel Ocean Breeze By The Sea
- Sunswept Condominiums
- Hotel Laketown Wharf Resort
- Free Beach Chairs Gulf Front Condo 2 Bed 2 Bath, 3Rd Floor Panoramic View
- Fontainebleau Terrace
- Boardwalk 2107
- Calypso Resort - 3 Bedroom Condo - Fsv 54377
- Oceanfront Studio W/ Shared Pool, Close To Beach & Golf - Snowbirds Welcome!
- Oceanfront Studio On Private Beach, W/indoor Pool Access!
- Front Beach Condo 15617
- Private Townhome W/Garage, Pool, 5 Minute Walk To Beach, Sleeps 4,
- Continental Condominiums
- 5th Floor Gulf Front-Turquoise Water & Sugar White Sand on Gulf of Mexico
- Gulf-Front Condo W/ Balcony, Seasonal Beach Service & Shared Pool/Hot Tub!
- Space out and enjoy the relaxing settings of Top of The Gulf 'Chillax Unit'
- Boardwalk Beachfront, 3Rd Floor! Best View At Boardwalk!
- Elegant, Fully Furnished 1 Bedroom, Near Capt.andersons, 2 Miles From Beach.
- Cozy Condo With Private Patio, Near Beach & Dining!
- Ocean Front! Splash 605e!1bd/2ba, Sleep 6. Free Beach Chairs! Owner Operated
- West End Beach Getaway Endless Summer Condominium
- Waterfront Condo W/ Beach Views, A Shared Pool, Fitness Room, & Grilling Area
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 6730 Hotels deals from C$24
- Hotels in Orlando 20811 Hotels deals from C$33
- Hotels in Toronto 12202 Hotels deals from C$24
- Hotels in Miami Beach 8874 Hotels deals from C$35
- Hotels in Miami 11677 Hotels deals from C$61
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 2855 Hotels deals from C$46
More Top Destinations
- New York
- Niagara Falls
- Lake Buena Vista
- Panama City
- Key West
- New Orleans
- Clearwater Beach
- Las Vegas
- St. Pete Beach
- Québec City
- Treasure Island
- Myrtle Beach
- Cocoa Beach
- St. Augustine
- Fort Myers
- Washington D.C.
- Pensacola Beach
- Pompano Beach
- St. Petersburg
- West Palm Beach
- Niagara Falls
- Fort Myers Beach
- Virginia Beach
- Madeira Beach
- Atlantic City