Hotels in Oceanside, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Oceanside online
- Find a cheap hotel in Oceanside!
- Book at the ideal price!
Oceanside, USA: The Real California Coast
Away from the bustle of larger coastal cities in Southern California like Los Angeles and San Diego sits Oceanside, a smaller municipality with a population of just over 167,000 people and a slower way of life. When visiting Oceanside, visitors can spend their days lounging on the beach or enjoying the surf, as everything in the city is reachable within minutes.
California as a whole is quite populous, especially on the coast. Oceanside, however, does its best to provide visitors with a quiet, relaxing location away from these crowds, while still having all of the desired amenities available.
Experience the History
A fair amount of history is located in Oceanside, starting with Mission San Luis Rey de Francia. This mission was the 18th of the 21 missions that were constructed in California between 1769 and 1833 and is also the largest. There is a museum on-site at this mission, along with a full garden, and the venue is close to numerous hotels, making it easy to reach. Mount Ecclesia is another historic district in the city that is close to the mission. This neighbourhood is home to some of the area's most interesting architecture, and many guests choose to visit it on the same day as the mission.
The California Surf Museum is located in Oceanside, as well. This attraction that worth checking out for anyone who is curious about the history of this sport. Additionally, Heritage Park Village Museum is an outdoor, walkable museum that features old buildings and a cemetery. There is also a railroad museum on the property.
Head to the Pier
Perhaps the most popular attraction in Oceanside, CA is the Oceanside Pier. This pier is one of the longest in the western United States, measuring 596 metres, and also one of the oldest, as it was originally constructed in 1888. The pier sits in the city's downtown core so visitors can walk there from their hotels in a matter of minutes.
The pier has since been rebuilt five different times but remains a busy fishing and gathering spot for Oceanside residents. The very end of a pier features a 1950s style diner that is a hit with visitors to the city because it provides a unique atmosphere and some of the best views in the city. There is also an amphitheatre at the foot of the pier that frequently hosts concerts and other events.
A Day at the Beach
As is expected when spending time in a city called Oceanside, a beach is never far away from the hotel. Harbor Beach sits near the city's downtown core and is the most frequented beach in the area. This location has a boardwalk, snack shacks, picnic tables, and bars, providing visitors with plenty of entertainment options. This beach also has some of the country's best surfing, although the waves get quite large and aren't recommended for beginners without the help of an instructor.
Another famous beach in Oceanside is called Tyson Street Beach. This beach is less crowded than Harbor Beach but still features the same surf, sand, and sun. It is also just a few blocks from the Oceanside Pier for those who are already exploring that part of the city. Breakwater Way Beach is similar, as well, since it isn't very crowded but is a relaxing place to spend a day.
Do Some Shopping
Plenty of shopping is found around the Oceanside area, and visitors will have a wide variety of venues from which to choose. The Oceanside Sunset Market is held every Thursday night, and features live music, food vendors, fresh produce, and local goods for sale. This market is in the vicinity of numerous hotels, making it readily accessible for guests. The Oceanside Farmers Market also features local produce and goods, which is something different to experience for those who are just visiting the city.
For more traditional shopping experiences, malls like Camino Town and Country Center, El Camino North Center, Westfield Shoppingtown Plaza Camino Real, and North Country Plaza all sit within the city. Estate Sale Warehouse has antiques for sale, as well, for those who are looking for that sort of thing.
Try Local Drinks
Oceanside, CA has a vibrant micro-brewery scene and visitors will have the chance to try some local beers while in the city. Oceanside Ale Works is one of the more popular micro-breweries, and although it is slightly outside of the city's downtown hotels, it is easily accessible via Oceanside Boulevard. Other breweries in the city worth checking out include Midnight Jack Brewing Company and Legacy Brewing Company.
Along with beer, Oceanside, CA is also known for its wine. Beach House Winery sits on a hill that overlooks the city, providing breathtaking views and great wines for all who visit. Mattucci Winery is small in size but is fashionable because it has an on-site wine bar where guests can try a variety of wines before buying a bottle. Remember to take a cab from one of the hotels in the city when heading to one of these wineries, especially when sampling multiple glasses.
Price rangefrom C$71to C$2,412
- Hotel Best Western Plus Oceanside Palms deals from C$107
- Hotel Rodeway Inn Oceansidedeals from C$63
- Hotel Coast Inndeals from C$74
- Hotel Beautiful and Spacious 1BR Beach Condodeals from C$190
- Hotel Wyndham Oceanside Pier Resortdeals from C$152
More Top Hotels
- Comfort Suites Oceanside Marina
- Holiday Inn Oceanside Camp Pendleton Area
- Courtyard San Diego Oceanside
- Baymont Inn & Suites Oceanside
- Super 8 Oceanside Marty’s Valley Inn
- Springhill Suites by Marriot San Diego Oceanside - Downtown
- Best Western Oceanside Inn
- Extended Stay America Efficiency Studios San Diego-Oceanside
- Hotel Oceanside Marina Suites
- Harbor Inn & Suites
- Travelodge Oceanside
- Beachfront Bungalow
- Family Holiday Home Sleeps 8
- Oceanside Condo 2 Blocks From Beach By Redawning
- Steps From The Sand! Oceanside-Carlsbad Buccaneer Beach Bungalow Walk Anywhere
- Completely Remodeled Beach Bungalow! Everything You Could Ask For!
- Lovely beach condo w/ semi-private beach Designer Decorated & A/C Equipped
- Brand New Oceanfront Upper Level Triplex Designer Decorated & A/C Equipped
- Beautiful House/ Walking Distance To The Beach
- Beach House Roof Top Deck Ocean View Private Jacuzzi Airconditioned Specials
- Beach View Home With Spa Pe-4271
- Beach View Home With Spa Pe-2271
- Hello And Welcome To Kaza Kokos!
- New Listing! Beautiful New Remodeled Beach Condo With Garden And Ocean Views
- Hotels in Carlsbad 955 Hotels deals from C$63
- Hotels in San Diego 10005 Hotels deals from C$34
- Hotels in Anaheim 1401 Hotels deals from C$73
- Hotels in Los Angeles 13742 Hotels deals from C$39
- Hotels in Palm Springs 4698 Hotels deals from C$58
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7086 Hotels deals from C$25
More Top Destinations
- La Jolla
- San Francisco
- Santa Monica
- Laguna Beach
- Del Mar
- Newport Beach
- Long Beach
- Palm Desert
- Huntington Beach
- Dana Point
- Beverly Hills
- Santa Barbara
- West Hollywood
- Redondo Beach
- Los Angeles
- Indian Wells
- San Clemente
- San Pedro
- Garden Grove
- Solana Beach
- New York
- Rancho Mirage
- Niagara Falls
- Santa Ana
- Costa Mesa
- Hermosa Beach
- Marina Del Rey
- La Quinta