Hotels in Oakland, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Oakland online
- Find a cheap hotel in Oakland!
- Book at the ideal price!
Oakland, California’s Coolest City
The thriving night life, emphasis on art, and bountiful opportunities to explore the outdoors have led Oakland, California to become rendered one of the coolest cities not just in the state, but in the entire U.S. During your stay in this port city, you can visit exquisite museum exhibits or enjoy a wildlife encounter at the zoo. Football fans can catch a game at the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Nature lovers will fall in love with the splendour of California’s famous redwoods. No matter your interests, the city has something great in store.
Many of the most noteworthy attractions and hotels are conveniently located in the city’s downtown region, including Oakland Museum of California. Among the museum’s exhibits, you’ll find displays pertaining to the art, history, and natural wonders of the state, with more than 100,000 natural artefacts. The Oakland Zoo, a 100-acre facility, is a popular attraction where you can spot elephants and more than 600 other exotic and native species. You can also make your way to Jack London Square, a waterfront district on the Oakland/Alameda estuary where shopping and recreation thrive. Lovers of literature can visit Heinold’s First and Last Chance Saloon, an establishment built in 1883 frequented by the author himself. A recreated model of London’s cabin is located next to Heinold’s. While in the area, you can catch a glimpse of the USS Potomac, a National Historic Landmark that was used as President Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s yacht from 1936 through 1945.
Pro Sports Headquarters
Sports fans can plan their stay around a professional game, as the city has teams in three different professional sports. For one, the city is home to the National Football League team, the Raiders, which play their home games in front of up to 56,000 fans at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum. Next, there’s the Oakland Athletics, the Major League Baseball team which shares the Coliseum with the Raiders. Fans will find that some nearby hotels offer shuttle services to the arena for convenience. Finally, basketball enthusiasts can watch the Golden State Warriors in action at the Oracle Arena, which is located next to the Coliseum and hosts musical performances, wrestling events, comedians, and other live entertainment as well. Of course, if your love for sports isn’t limited to spectatorship, there are ample opportunities to get out and play nearby. With golf courses, trails, and waterways, visitors and residents alike enjoy everything from cycling to kayaking, and the bountiful sunshine makes outdoor sports convenient year-round.
Dining and Nightlife
From taco trucks to wine trails, Oakland’s food scene has a little bit of everything. Locals and travellers rave over the dim sum and other Asian specialities served throughout the restaurants in Chinatown, but you can also enjoy Italian cuisine and seafood across the city. You can celebrate a special occasion at one of the upscale French fine dining eateries, or grab a slice of Chicago-style pizza if you’re in a hurry. There are plenty of sandwich shops, taco stands, food trucks, and cafes to choose from, so no matter what you’re hungry for, Oakland probably has it. After the sun sets, the city’s nightlife can be enjoyed in its bars, where you’ll find craft beers on tap, or clubs, where you can sip a signature cocktail and dance to the music that stays pumping all through the night. Travellers seeking live entertainment will also find that many of the area’s nightclubs and bars regularly host musicians and comedians.
An Unforgettable Art Scene
Oakland has the highest concentration of artists per capita out of all the cities in the U.S., making it a haven for artists and collectors alike. In recent years, new galleries have been popping up in the city’s Uptown area, but no matter where you go, you’re sure to encounter the city’s rich art scene in one form or another. Artists in the making find ample opportunities to thrive as well, whether at the California College of the Arts or the Creative Growth Art Center, both of which have their own galleries. Pros Arts Gallery also offers youth programs, as well as contemporary art exhibitions. Travellers who are seeking a new piece to add to their collection as a souvenir can browse through galleries showcasing the works of emerging painters, photographers, and other local artists. Young artists can also explore hands-on exhibits and educational experiences at the Museum of Children’s Arts.
Parks and Outdoors
Just beyond the city’s restaurants, shops, and hotels, you can immerse yourself in the stillness of nature at Redwood Regional Park. As one of the most popular traveller destinations in Oakland, CA, this spot can be found nestled in the city’s east hills. There, you’ll find the largest remaining natural population of coastal redwoods in the East Bay. Guests can bike, run, or hike the paths that wind their way through the forest, or set up an afternoon picnic to be enjoyed in the company of birds, deer, and other wildlife. Or, spend an afternoon at nearby Lake Merritt, situated at the heart of the city just east of the Downtown district. In the area surrounding the lake, you’ll find a bird sanctuary thriving with native avian species, a children’s playground, and a bonsai garden. On the weekends, the park comes to life with dancers, musicians, and other live performers spread about the area.
Price rangefrom C$53to C$920
- Hotel International Casadeals from C$76
- Hotel La Quinta Inn Oakland Airport Coliseumdeals from C$111
- Hotel Jack London Inndeals from C$86
- Hotel Comfort Inn & Suites Oaklanddeals from C$123
- Hotel Large Studio At The Top Of The Oakland Hills With Amazing Viewdeals from C$109
- Hotel Bay Breeze Inndeals from C$88
More Top Hotels
- Quality Inn Oakland
- Motel 6 Oakland Airport
- Inn At Temescal
- Waterfront Hotel
- Oakland Airport Executive Hotel
- Hotel Oakland Marriott City Center
- Hilton Oakland Airport
- Budget Inn Oakland
- Westwind Lodge
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
- Courtyard Oakland Downtown
- Hotel The Washington Inn Oakland
- Hotel Bay Bridge Inn
- Executive Inn & Suites Oakland
- Civic Center Lodge
- Z Hotel Jack London Square
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oakland-Airport
- Best Western Plus Airport Inn & Suites
- Courtyard Oakland Airport
- Hotel Clarion Downtown Oakland City Center
- Ramada Oakland Airport
- Suites At Silver Tree
- Bear Paws Two-Bedroom Cabin
- Cozy Bungalow On The Emeryville Border
- Dog-friendly Country Cabin W/ Deck, Firepit & Air Hockey - Close To Yough River!
- Dog-friendly cabin in the woods with hot tub, furnished deck, & pool table
- Cheerful & Inviting 3 Bedroom Home W/ Hot Tub In The Heart Of Deep Creek!
- Modern 2br In Rockridge / Berkeley, Walkable To Shops, Dining, Grocers, Bart
- Spanish Mission Style House
- 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom House With Great Privacy And Craftsman Charm
- Walking Distance To Restaurants, 5 Minutes From Dcl State Park!
- Garden Oasis In The Oakland Hills.
- Knock Knock Knocking On Heavens Door
- Tranquil In-law Unit With Canyon Views Nestled In Oakland Hills
- Beautiful Light Filled Flat With Oak Floors In Walkable Neighborhood
- 200 Degree Views Of The City And Bay With All 5 Bridges And Mt.tam
- Hotels in San Francisco 5297 Hotels deals from C$43
- Hotels in Berkeley 553 Hotels deals from C$104
- Hotels in Alameda 149 Hotels deals from C$136
- Hotels in Emeryville 57 Hotels deals from C$96
- Hotels in Napa 661 Hotels deals from C$147
- Hotels in South San Francisco 216 Hotels deals from C$115
More Top Destinations
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- San Jose
- Los Angeles
- San Mateo
- Palo Alto
- San Diego
- Santa Clara
- Half Moon Bay
- Daly City
- Palm Springs
- Santa Cruz
- Walnut Creek
- San Rafael
- Redwood City
- Santa Rosa
- Santa Monica
- San Bruno
- Mill Valley
- St. Helena