Hotels in Newport Beach, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Newport Beach online
- Find a cheap hotel in Newport Beach!
- Book at the ideal price!
A Social Favourite - It’s Newport Beach
A coastal city in southern California’s Orange County, Newport Beach offers a taste of the good life. Join the almost seven million annual visitors to enjoy the city’s ten distinct neighbourhoods, beautiful beaches and green spaces, high-end shopping and dining, and family-friendly attractions. Many visitors like to stay in one of the beachfront hotels to enjoy views of the city’s expansive boat-filled harbour but if budget is a concern, you might choose one of the cheaper hotels or B&Bs situated a little further inland. Either way, you can expect your stay in Newport Beach to be a memorable one.
Newport Beach boasts ten miles of coastline, along which you’re sure to find your perfect spot in the sand. The city’s larger beaches include Balboa Pier Beach, Corona Del Mar State Beach, and West Newport Beach. These beaches place amenities nearby although it’s also worth seeking out smaller stretches such as Pirates Cove, Cameo Shores, and China Cove. There are some excellent hiking trails in the area surrounding Treasure Cove Beach but surfing fans won’t want to miss the famous Wedge at the eastern end of the Balboa Peninsula. It is here that a manmade pier creates barrel waves up to 30 feet high. The waves here are not for the faint hearted but it’s often just as fun to watch the experienced surfers do their thing.
If you fancy a change of scenery, Newport Beach offers a range of parks and reserves. You’ll find smaller parks and children’s play areas dotted all over but there are a couple of larger spaces that should feature on your must-visit list. Upper Newport Bay Nature Reserve is a great spot to catch sight of endangered birds on the Pacific Flyway. Crystal Cove State Park is also worth a visit; it is here that you will find a historic district comprising almost 50 vintage cottages clustered around Los Trancos Creek. If you’d like to squeeze in a hike during your stay, you can find some great trails at the Limestone Canyon Regional Park in nearby Silverado. A little further afield is Santiago Peak; reached via a nine-hour strenuous hike through the Santa Ana Mountains.
Shopping and Dining
The retail scene in Newport Beach is wonderfully diverse. Options range from bargain shops to upmarket malls. Notable highlights include the speciality boutiques at Fashion Island and Corona Del Mar. You should also take the time to wander through the Mariner’s Mile and Balboa Village neighbourhoods where quaint speciality stores number in the hundreds. When it’s time to eat out, you’ll find the dining scene is equally varied. The city’s 400+ restaurants include everything from concept kitchens and Michelin star rated offerings to laid back cafes and swanky hotel eateries. Plus, boaters can ‘Dock & Dine’ by pulling directly up to the dock of almost a dozen waterfront restaurants. Foodies will also enjoy a visit to the Corona Del Mar Farmers Market, held each weekend.
Southern California is a world-renowned spot for whale watching so don’t miss the chance to head out on a guided tour. From December through April, you’ll be able to see grey whales, while from May to November, giant blue whales are the order of the day. Dolphins and seals can be seen year-round. Animal lovers can also visit the Reptile Zoo in nearby Fountain Valley or head a little further afield to enjoy a trip to larger facilities such as Santa Ana Zoo and Orange County Zoo, the latter an eight-acre space dedicated to housing native southwestern animals. Younger children and indeed anyone who likes to be a bit more hands on will appreciate a visit to the ZOOMARS petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano.
More Itinerary Ideas
Finding yourself short of things to do during your stay in Newport Beach is unlikely but if you’re looking for a little inspiration, there are some tried and tested activities that you won’t want to miss off your itinerary. You might enjoy a trip to the Newport Beach Vineyards and Winery on Upper Newport Beach Bay. This private estate features a bird aviary, tropical and botanical gardens, and an underground wine cave. With its Ferris wheel and arcade games, the Balboa Fun Zone is also a great way to while away an afternoon as is renting a Duffy boat to navigate the city’s magnificent harbour. As evening falls, head to Inspiration Point or Lookout Point Park for stunning sunset views.
Price rangefrom C$123to C$1,735
- Hotel Hotel Hyatt Regency Newport Beachdeals from C$163
- Hotel Hotel Newport Beach Marriott Bayviewdeals from C$136
- Hotel Renaissance Newport Beach Hoteldeals from C$138
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express Newport Beachdeals from C$136
More Top Hotels
- 303 5 35Th St 68220 By Redawning
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Beach Cottage 30 Seconds To Beach/dining! Parking/wifi/bikes/2 Patios/washer Gem
- Stunning Scenes Of Sand And Sea! (upper Unit)
- little heaven , steps to sand and beach, pet friendly
- Extra Large Studio Perfect For Couples Or Small Family
- Balboa Beach Escape
- Newport Beach Cottage Steps From Sand Of The Ocean And Bay
- Balboa Bay Resort
- Upstairs Tropical Getaway - Great Value So Close To The Beach
- Steps To Sand, Stunning Remodel, Fantastic Location Affordable
- Book Your Baydreamer Year-end Holidays Today!
- Doryman's Inn
- Balboa Island Escape With Easy Access To Bay & Ocean
- Hotel Little Inn By The Bay
- Newport Channel Inn
- M Boutique Hotel
- Newport Beach
- Year-round Back Unit Getaway - Half Block To Beach! Window A/c
- 307 35Th St Ab 68265 By Redawning
- Classic, Beachy 2 Bed 1 Bath Lower Level Oceanfront Unit With 1 Car Parking. No Boardwalk, Right On The Sand!
- Cozy Charming Condo
- Nautical Newport Duplex-Upper
- [?] Amazing Contemporary Studio By The Beach #1
- Year-round Vacation Studio Getaway - Rear Upper Unit W/ Sun Deck
- Extended Stay America Orange County - John Wayne Airport
- Hotels in Anaheim 1232 Hotels deals from C$69
- Hotels in Los Angeles 12506 Hotels deals from C$37
- Hotels in Huntington Beach 501 Hotels deals from C$84
- Hotels in Costa Mesa 273 Hotels deals from C$83
- Hotels in San Diego 8843 Hotels deals from C$32
- Hotels in Laguna Beach 541 Hotels deals from C$100
More Top Destinations
- Long Beach
- Santa Monica
- Palm Springs
- Las Vegas
- San Francisco
- Garden Grove
- Santa Ana
- Orange County
- Los Angeles
- San Pedro
- Redondo Beach
- Beverly Hills
- West Hollywood
- Dana Point
- Buena Park
- Palm Desert
- La Jolla
- Santa Barbara
- Hermosa Beach
- Marina Del Rey
- Manhattan Beach
- Seal Beach
- Universal City
- Fountain Valley
- San Clemente
- Mission Viejo