Hotels in Newport, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Newport online
- Find a cheap hotel in Newport!
- Book at the ideal price!
Newport Oregon, the Dungeness Crab Capital of the World
Known as a playground for visitors since the late 1800's, Newport, Oregon is home to a wonderland of amazing places to see, people to meet and things to experience. Visit a place where you can catch your own crab on the coast, hike up a steep hill to two historical iconic lighthouses, and enjoy a cold pint from one of the most legendary breweries in the city - all in one day!
Whether you are looking for family-friendly attractions and hotels in Newport or if you are just looking for your newest coastal adventure, this city has it all.
A Fish Lovers Haven: See, Eat and Catch
You haven't seen all of Newport if you don't visit the Oregon Coast Aquarium that overlooks Yaquina Bay and offers visitors the opportunity to observe over 15,000 animals and 259 species. Situated just south of Yaquina Bay Bridge, this world-class marine attraction works hard to be the centre for ocean literacy excellence and attracts thousands of marine life enthusiasts every year.
When it comes to fish served on a plate or in a bowl, Mo's Restaurant has been a long-standing community landmark in the city of Newport. Established in 1946, this family-owned successful restaurant business quickly took off as the number one spot to enjoy some bona fide clam chowder, as well as various other seafood recipes such as fish tacos and oyster stew.
If you're a DIY-type of person, head over to Bay Street Pier or the public fishing pier in South Beach and catch your own Dungeness crab or visit Upper Bay to catch Eastern softshell clams. You can find ocean-fresh Dungeness and Red Rock crabs almost any time of the year along the beaches, tide pools, jetties, estuaries, and bays. (If you want to take the easier route, climb aboard a local charter operator and bring in buckets-full of succulent crab…don't worry, it's our secret.)
Beds, Breakfast and Booze
Loaded with art galleries, pubs, restaurants, breweries, turn-of-the-century storefronts and family friendly attractions, Newport is also home to nice selection of hotels, resorts, and inns. Some of the best hotels in Newport, Oregon are located minutes away from the bayfront and Yaquina Bay Bridge.
A relaxing historical hotel stay awaits you at the Sylvia Beach Hotel where you will find rooms devoted to famous literary greats such as Shakespeare, Dr. Seuss, Edgar Allan Poe, Ernest Hemingway, Mark Twain, and Jane Austen. Built over 100 years ago, this contemporary hotel is dedicated to Sylvia Beach, an expatriate American publisher who dominated the literary scene in Paris between WWI and WWII when she opened the Shakespeare and Company bookstore in Paris in 1919. Don't expect TVs, Wi-Fi, radios or telephones at the Sylvia Beach Hotel - it's time to relax and read a good book!
If you want to stay in a hotel close to the bay and want to mingle with locals, there is a cosy bed and breakfast right above Rogue Ales Bayfront Public House where you can watch the morning fish deliveries arrive in the bay down below!
Beer lovers rejoice when they come upon Rogue Ales Bayfront Public House and are able to sample 40 unique beers on tap. This establishment's story began in 1989 when its flagship pub opened and people never stopped coming to sample the top-notch ales and spirits. Visitors who want to bar hop can move onto the other unique pubs that sit in the bay area. Rest assured, when you are visiting the area, you're never too far from restaurants, hotels or pubs.
Take the kids to the Yaquina Head Lighthouse Interpretive Centre so they can educate themselves about a lighthouse keeper's life and how lighthouses work, as well as explore the hands-on exhibits. There is also an amazing dive show at Oregon Undersea Gardens where the whole family can witness the world's largest species of octopus and other marine life swim through a forest of kelp. Better yet, watch an octopus devour a live crab at the Hatfield Marine Science Centre! Primarily known as a marine science and research centre, this cool attraction is only a short eight-minute drive from the city centre.
When hunger pains hit and you are all ready for a bite, you can save some money on dining with a visit to Newport's historical South Beach State Park where you can have a picnic, rent some bicycles and even camp if you feel like roughing it. (There is also a playground there for the kids so the adults can have a little quiet time.)
Don't Miss Out
There are some experiences that you may not want to miss out on when visiting Newport, OR. Amazing wax figures wait for you at two local specialty museums, Ripley's Believe it or Not and The Wax Works.
Lush green layouts, excellent rates and flexible tee off times are found at Newport's Agate Beach Golf Course. For those of you that like to party to all hours, Apollo's Night Club offers snooker tables, dance beats, friendly service and delicious cocktails.
Your choices for fun, fish, and festivities are endless here in colourful and coastal Newport, Oregon. Are you ready to embrace all of what Newport has to offer? We thought so.
Price rangefrom C$61to C$468
- Hotel Redawning Pacific Crest Condodeals from C$133
- Hotel Knights Inn Newportdeals from C$7
- Hotel Rodeway Inn Newportdeals from C$69
- Hotel Shilo Inns Newport Oceanfrontdeals from C$110
- Hotel Nye Beach, Close To Everything, Ocean View! Clean And Booking Now!deals from C$7
- Hotel The Waves Hoteldeals from C$103
More Top Hotels
- Best Western Agate Beach Inn
- Hallmark Resort
- Embarcadero Resort Hotel & Marina
- The Whaler
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newport
- Days Inn Newport OR
- Elizabeth Street Inn
- Nye Beach Condos at Pacific Crest
- Comfort Inn
- Stone Crest Cellar
- Hotel Motel 6 Newport
- Money Saver
- Starfish Point
- On The Beach
- Lighthouse View at Shoreline Ridge
- Grand Victorian Bed And Breakfast
- Nye Beach Getaway
- Arden Cottage
- The Pearl Of Nye Beach
- Beachfront Cabin W/ A Gas Stove And Ocean Views. Walk To Nye Beach Shops & More!
- Tidal Pool Beach House
- Cute, Dog-friendly Cottage W/ Views In Nye Beach - Walk To Shops & The Park
- Dog-friendly Studio W/ Shared Pool, Hot Tubs, & Dock - Bay Views, Walk To Beach!
- Bayfront Suite W/ Shared Heated Pool, Hot Tubs, Sauna, & Marina Slip - Dogs Ok!
- Bayfront Studio W/ Water Views, Hot Tub, & Beach Nearby - Dogs Welcome!
- $99/night Fall Special! Now-december 22nd
- Charming Third-floor Oceanfront Condo With Elevator In Newport’s Nye Beach
- Hotels in Portland 2597 Hotels deals from C$56
- Hotels in Vancouver 4938 Hotels deals from C$36
- Hotels in Lincoln City 1283 Hotels deals from C$64
- Hotels in Cannon Beach 362 Hotels deals from C$94
- Hotels in Seattle 7225 Hotels deals from C$69
- Hotels in Las Vegas 7839 Hotels deals from C$24
More Top Destinations
- San Francisco
- Depoe Bay
- New York
- Niagara Falls
- Pacific City
- Québec City
- Los Angeles