Hotels in Nassau, Bahamas
- Comprehensive hotel search for Nassau online
- Find a cheap hotel in Nassau!
- Book at the ideal price!
Nassau Bahamas, A Holiday That Myths are Made From
Nassau, Bahamas, is a tropical paradise long known as a holiday resort destination filled with natural beauty and a year-round mild climate boasting pleasant summertime temperatures. Nassau is the capital and largest city of the Bahamas and is located on the island of New Providence. Here, endless sea views greet from every direction and fun in the sun is only limited by imagination. Hotels dot the Caribbean beach-front and early morning strolls showcase conch shells just waiting to be picked from the pink sand. Practically all hotels will give a great view of those sparking turquoise waters.
Where Legends Begin
It’s no wonder pirates chose Nassau for a hiding spot. The infamous Blackbeard once called this location a “privateer’s republic” and those interested in pirate history should be sure to stop by Pirates of Nassau Museum, a museum experience complete with historical and interactive exhibits and a replica pirate ship. Lucky visitors might also get to see a “real” pirate battle. Nassau is easy to get to and has several other islands, like Paradise Island, just a short water taxi ride away. Paradise Island is home to Aquaventure Water Park at Atlantis, the 141-acre ocean-themed water resort and aqua park featuring rides, lagoons, pools, and marine habitats. There’s also a marina, golf, and countless restaurants and nightclubs waiting for the intrepid explorer.
Old World in a New Setting
Anyone familiar with Nassau will instantly recognise the ice cream and sherbet-coloured buildings and homes in Old Town and Parliament Square. Horse-drawn carriages will highlight the ambiance and many of the buildings are open to historical tours. This area is an equal mix of historical wonder and modern shopping malls. Wandering the streets, though, won’t be quite like mid-century bargain hunting. Instead, the boutiques, souvenir shops, and malls have world-famous brand name products and jewellery that beckons guests like sirens. If collectable keepsakes and hand-made crafts are more to style, head down Bay Street to the Straw Market, the go-to spot for island-made authentic Bahamian gifts including woven purses, wood carvings, and other trinkets like t-shirts and shell jewellery. Buying here is a bit more fun as shoppers will get to haggle for the best price and can be sure to bring back some unique island gear.
Yo, Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum
Today, cruise ships have taken over the shipping trade from yesterday’s pirate adventurers and the cruise tour stops liven up the town and seaport. The main area has a busy nightlife scene and casinos with slots and table games. Bar-hopping is a popular pastime and there are plenty of spots to choose from. Nassau also offers authentic rum tastings, in the very part world where the golden liquor was likely first distilled. John Watling’s Distillery offer complimentary tours of the historic property and it’s possible to view the handcrafted rum-making process. After the tour, pull up to the bar for a tasting or relax on the porch with some hand-crafted cocktails.
Getting Away From It All
If being beach bound is the goal, the warm and winterless weather and gentle ocean waves are the perfect recipe. Cable Beach is the most popular on the island. It’s easily accessible with a quick bus ride from any location and is lined with resorts and recreational activity opportunities. Cable Beach gives a perfect glimpse of what makes the Bahamas a beach paradise. Junkanoo Beach has a more commercial environment, filled with vendors, food and bar service, and shopping. Junkanoo Beach is easily accessible from the cruise ships and is close to the Western Esplanade, an area generally frequented by local Nassau residents. The area around Nassau is known for its clear waters and shallow shoals, so consider booking a tour for the amazing scuba and snorkelling opportunities. Swimming with dolphins is also a popular adventure at Blue Lagoon Island, a private nature park just a short ferry ride away.
Walking on the Wild Side
If wild animals are more the style, Ardastra Gardens, Zoo and Conservation Centre allows visitors up close and personal visits with local bird species and photo ops with local flora and fauna. Another must-see and -do is hiking to the top of Queen’s Staircase, an historic attraction consisting of 66 hand-hewn rock steps and amazing photo opportunities. This local landmark was carved by slaves in the 1700s and is part of the Fort Fincastle Historic Complex, an historic fort that once protected Nassau and its harbour. Clifton Heritage National Park is another jewel in this pirate’s treasure chest of a vacation, with a quiet beach, opportunities for snorkelling, and historic landmarks to see. A history tour is available for those who want to know more about the island and its inhabitants.
Price rangefrom C$84to C$2,446
- Hotel Meliá Nassau Beach All Inclusivedeals from C$350
- Hotel Grand Hyatt Baha Mardeals from C$189
- Hotel Warwick Paradise Island Bahamas - All Inclusive - Adults Onlydeals from C$246
- Hotel Breezes Bahamasdeals from C$186
- Hotel Very Close To The Beach And Restaurants And Family Oriented.deals from C$82
- Hotel New! Downtown, Pool & Beaches! Best Choice & Great Price Near The City Centredeals from C$8
More Top Hotels
- Atlantis Paradise Island
- Grand Central
- Bahasea Backpackers
- Atlantis Harborside, Paradise Island, Nassau Bahamas 2 Bedroom Lockoff
- Hotel Ocean West Boutique
- Carlas Cottage
- Bahama Breeze
- Paradise Harbour Club
- Arawak Inn
- Atlantis, Beach Tower, Autograph Collection
- Ocean Front In Paradise
- Tangerine Sunsets Alta Vista Studio One
- Harborside Atlantis Bahamas - Sleeps 4 Full Access To Atlantis Water Park
- Cable Beach Luxury Oceanfront Villa in Paradise, No Car Needed
- Deluxe One Bedroom, Licensed Broker And Owner, Bbb Accredited A+ Rating
- Townhouse With Mangrove Water View
- Feb 14-21 2017 ~ Spend Valentines Day In Paradise! ~ Surprise The One You Love!
- Wow! Special Price New Year’s Day Week! Townhouse with Free MemberShip Access!
- Relaxing Vacation Or Extended Stay Rental, Available Year-round, Near The Beach
- Atlantis -paradise Island Bahamas-harborside Resort
- Ocean Front Delaporte Condo With Amazing Views
- Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown/Junkanoo Beach
- The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort
- Tangerine Sunsets Fairchild: gated, pool, beach, fun!
- Orange Hill Beach Front Cottage - Turquoise Water Front With Amazing Ocean View
- Nassau Palm Hotel
- Paradise At Your Fingertips
- Oceanspray Beach House
- Sunrise Beach Villas - 1 Bedroom - Beachfront Condo
- Dawsons Hideaway
- Atlantis Paradise Island Beach Area Luxury Apartment
- Bay View Suites Suites Paradise Island
- Personal Touch Studio
- Tangerine Sunsets Honeybell
- Harborside Resort at Atlantis - Paradise Island - 6/7 to 6/14, 2019 - sleeps 8
- Beautiful Oceanfront Townhouse - Cable Beach - Car Available
- 8th Night Free! Affordable Tropical Executive Townhouse, 5 Mins Walk To Beach
- Hotels in Paradise Island City 178 Hotels deals from C$178
- Hotels in Paradise Island 1459 Hotels deals from C$84
- Hotels in Toronto 11057 Hotels deals from C$27
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 4640 Hotels deals from C$27
- Hotels in Cable Beach 12 Hotels deals from C$325
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- Niagara Falls
- New York
- Québec City
- Key West
- Las Vegas
- Myrtle Beach
- Daytona Beach
- Washington D.C.
- Lake Buena Vista
- Virginia Beach
- Atlantic City
- Pompano Beach
- New Orleans
- Niagara Falls
- West Palm Beach
- Key Largo
- La Malbaie