Hotels in Milwaukee, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Milwaukee online
- Find a cheap hotel in Milwaukee!
- Book at the ideal price!
Milwaukee: Culture, Entertainment and Beer
Nestled upon the western shores of Lake Michigan, the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin offers visitors modern amenities with a nod to the past. Head for Brew City and you can venture around insightful museums, legendary theatres, modern-day arenas, and much, much more. Of course, make sure you check out the locally-brewed beer. It is, after all, what Milwaukee is famous for.
Downtown and the Lakefront
For the majority of visitors, downtown Milwaukee, WI is where the action is. Having undergone much rejuvenation in recent years, the city hosts a wealth of modern amenities, while the ever-popular lakefront area offers some stunning views.
One of the most popular attractions in Milwaukee is the Harley-Davidson museum. The famed motorcycle company, which was founded in the city in 1903, is probably the best-known manufacturer in the world, with millions of loyal fans across the globe. Take a tour of the museum and witness some of the most iconic bikes ever welded together.
Elsewhere in the downtown, close to many of the city’s hotels, stands the Wisconsin Center. This convention centre is used for a multitude of events and exhibitions, including specialised business events and tourist-friendly occasions. A number of hotels are even linked directly to the centre by skywalks.
Another popular destination in central Milwaukee is the BMO Harris Bradley Center, a multipurpose arena that hosts professional and college basketball, as well as concerts and special events. Best of all though, take a stroll along the lakefront and enjoy the stunning views on offer. Even better, why not hop on a boat and set out upon the waters for an enjoyable afternoon pleasure cruise?
Milwaukee’s Many Museums
History buffs and culture vultures can quickly fill their time in Milwaukee. The city is home to a host of museums, including the futuristic Milwaukee Art Museum. Housing more than 35,000 works of art, this is one of the largest art museums in the country. The likes of Rodin, Monet, Picasso and Warhol are all represented, making it easy to while away an afternoon in the museum.
Combining human history and natural history, the Milwaukee Public Museum is another place you can easily spend an afternoon. A selection of exhibits offer the chance to glimpse back into the past, focusing on everything from European culture and African nature to dinosaurs and oceans.
Other popular museums in the city include the Betty Brinn Children’s Museum, which is ideal for younger children, and Discovery World, a science and technology museum that is sure to keeper bigger kids engaged.
Theatre and Live Music
Let it be known, the Arts are alive in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The city is home to an assortment of theatres and live performance venues, offering the chance to take in plays, concerts and much more. The Pabst Theater, Milwaukee Theatre and Milwaukee Repertory Theatre – all located close to the lakefront – are good choices for visitors looking for entertainment.
The city is also well-respected when it comes to live music. Billed as “The World’s Largest Music Festival”, Summerfest is held in the city each year (June/July), with performances scattered across 11 days and nights, including the July 4th weekend. The event is primarily held on stages in the Henry W. Maier Festival Park, which also houses the 23,000-capacity Marcus Amphitheater.
Concerts from big-time stars are regularly hosted at BMO Harris Bradley Center, while smaller bands can cut their teeth at the likes of Shank Hall, The Rave/Eagles Club or any of the city’s many other live music venues.
No trip to Milwaukee is complete without paying homage to the city’s greatest export: beer! Milwaukee has long been a beer lover’s paradise, with a host of breweries in and around the city, including the massive Miller Brewery. Tours of the Miller Brewery can be arranged, with each guest getting the chance to sample the draft.
Other popular beer producers in the city include the Pabst Brewery and Lakefront Brewery. Additionally, tour the city and you’re sure to come across a number of independent craft brewers, many of whom are only too happy to give you a taste of their finest lagers and beers. If you’re really into your hops, why not tour all of the city’s breweries?
A Little Further Afield
If you’re willing to venture a little further afield, you’ll be rewarded with a number of impressive attractions, starting with Milwaukee County Zoo. Approximately six miles west of the city centre, the zoo is home to nearly 2,000 animals and birds. Expect polar bears, gorillas, cheetahs, grizzly bears and even a giant octopus, amongst many others.
Between the zoo and the city, you’ll find Miller Park, home to the Milwaukee Brewers baseball club. The impressive ballpark features a fan-shaped retractable roof which fends off rain delays and cold weather. Take in a game (played April to September) and be sure to keep an eye open for the sausage race during the sixth inning.
Other popular attractions around Milwaukee include the Potawatomi Hotel and Casino, where you can legally gamble, and the Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory. The latter houses three massive domes containing tropical vegetation, and is impressive to say the least.
Price rangefrom C$51to C$420
- Hotel Potawatomi Hotel & Casinodeals from C$94
- Hotel Travelodge Milwaukeedeals from C$62
- Hotel Beautiful Luxury Comfy And Cozy House. Nice!deals from C$13
- Hotel Village Inndeals from C$66
- Hotel Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Milwaukee Airport, WIdeals from C$85
- Hotel Ambassador Hoteldeals from C$79
More Top Hotels
- Hilton Milwaukee-City Center
- Kimpton Journeyman
- Best Western Plus Milwaukee Airport Hotel & Conference Center
- Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Northwest Confernece Center
- Hyatt Place Milwaukee/downtown
- The Pfister Hotel
- Schuster Mansion Bed & Breakfast
- Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Downtown
- Hyatt Place Milwaukee West
- Comfort Suites Milwaukee Park Place
- Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront
- The Westin Milwaukee
- Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee Downtown
- Rodeway Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport
- Milwaukee Marriott Downtown
- Days Inn And Suites Milwaukee
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Airport, WI
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Milwaukee Airport
- Hyatt Regency Milwaukee
- Hampton Inn Milwaukee-Airport
- Aloft Milwaukee Downtown
- Hotel Metro, Autograph Collection
- Knickerbocker On the Lake
- Hotel Econo Lodge Milwaukee Airport
- Courtyard Milwaukee Downtown
- Hotel The Astor
- Hampton Inn Milwaukee Northwest
- Super 8 Milwaukee - Airport
- Quality Inn Milwaukee Northwest
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Milwaukee Airport
- Courtyard Milwaukee Airport
- County Clare Irish Inn
- Downtown Bayview, 2 Miles From Downtown Milwaukee
- Hotels in Toronto 12022 Hotels deals from C$25
- Hotels in Chicago 7677 Hotels deals from C$47
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 1559 Hotels deals from C$33
- Hotels in Montreal 10775 Hotels deals from C$22
- Hotels in New York 17193 Hotels deals from C$50
- Hotels in Vancouver 5330 Hotels deals from C$35
More Top Destinations
- Québec City
- Las Vegas
- Niagara Falls
- Wisconsin Dells
- Green Bay
- Washington D.C.
- Fort Lauderdale
- Grand Forks
- Atlantic City
- Oak Creek
- Birch Run
- Myrtle Beach
- Virginia Beach
- Lake Geneva
- Lake George
- La Malbaie