Hotels in Lake Placid, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Lake Placid online
- Find a cheap hotel in Lake Placid!
- Book at the ideal price!
A Popular Getaway in the Adirondack Mountains - It’s Lake Placid
A quaint alpine village perched high in New York’s Adirondack Mountains, Lake Placid is a popular destination for everything from family holidays to romantic breaks. Along with Tupper Lake and Saranac Lake, the village forms the Tri-Lakes Region; an area famed for its indoor and outdoor activities and year-round appeal. There are ample accommodation options here so whether you fancy bedding down in an upmarket lakeside resort or one of the village’s budget-friendly hotels, you’ll find that there are plenty of places to call home during your stay.
The winter season equals fun times in Lake Placid. Transformed into a white wonderland, the area offers a raft of activities. There are many scenic cross country skiing trails to enjoy in the area although if you prefer the downhill variety, the nearby Whiteface Mountain offers the longest vertical ski drop on the entire Eastern seaboard. Ice skating is also popular; don your skates and head to the frozen lake or follow in the footsteps of five-times gold medal winner Eric Heiden at the Olympic Skating Oval on Main Street. Leave time to ride the Olympic Gondola to the peak of Little Whiteface where an observation deck offers stunning views of the High Peaks and the Ausable River. You can also head to nearby St. Regis Lake to try your hand at ice fishing.
Snowy pursuits may be a distant memory during the summer but the warmer months in Lake Placid hold their own appeal. The previously frozen lakes give way to warm waters that are perfect for swimming in on a sunny day. Canoe hire and boat trips are also readily available. Exploring the wider area becomes more about hiking boots than snowshoes and there are literally miles of trails of discover. Popular hikes include the Jackrabbit Trail and the routes to the tops of Whiteface and Cascade Mountains. Guests with pets needn’t miss out the hiking; head to the wooded John Brown Farm where four-legged friends are welcome. Additional summer activities include horseback riding at Emerald Springs Ranch, tennis and golf at the Whiteface Club, and whitewater rafting on the Hudson River.
Arts, Culture & Events
Lake Placid may be better known for its outdoor pursuits but it’s not all about flexing your muscles here; there’s plenty to keep arts enthusiasts and culture vultures happy too. While the LPCA Fine Arts Gallery at the Lake Placid Center for the Arts on Algonquin Drive is likely the best-known gallery in the area, be sure to take the time to explore Main Street where you’ll find plenty of smaller galleries showcasing the work of local artists. The area also plays host to a lively calendar of events. Admittedly, during the winter, these events are more geared to the likes of skiing and ice hockey but the summer itinerary includes cultural faves such as the Lake Placid Blues and Heritage Festival, Independence Day celebrations, and the Lake Placid Symphony.
If you’re visiting Lake Placid with your family, there’s plenty of fun to be had all year round. In the winter, a trip to Mirror Lake is a must. Here you can enjoy the 50-foot toboggan chute before shooting across the lake. Dog sled rides are also available. Older children will jump at the chance to ride pillion with a professional driver along the Mount Placid bobsled track, the only Olympic bobsled track in America. This activity is available year-round although booking is advisable in winter. Children aged two to 10 can visit Santa’s Workshop; established in 1949, it is America’s first theme park and offers magical experiences such as Breakfast with Santa and Christmas in July. Those who love the outdoors will enjoy a trip to High Falls Gorge while budding historians can take in the sights at Fort Ticonderoga.
Shopping & Dining
At some point, you might need a rest from endless activities so why not take some time out to pick up a souvenir or two. Like many of the hotels in Lake Placid, many of the shopping destinations are clustered around the Main Street area. Retail enthusiasts will find everything from antiques and books to gourmet gifts and music on offer. When it’s time for a real break, the many eateries in the same area will provide a welcome place to enjoy refreshments and a little time out. You’ll find that the options available range from cheap eats to slap up meals in upmarket restaurants. Foodies will want to look out for places serving up locally caught trout and grass-fed beef from the Lake Placid Farmer’s Market.
Price rangefrom C$88to C$1,302
- Hotel Crowne Plaza Lake Placiddeals from C$140
- Hotel Golden Arrow Lakeside Resortdeals from C$150
- Hotel The Pines Inn - Lake Placiddeals from C$106
- Hotel High Peaks Resortdeals from C$157
- Hotel Luxury Apartment w/Mt Views & Washer/Dryer -Sleeps 4+, Close to Town & Whitefacedeals from C$177
- Hotel Hampton Inn and Suites Lake Placid, NYdeals from C$151
More Top Hotels
- Whiteface Club & Resort Location
- The Whiteface Lodge
- Quality Inn on Lake Placid
- Modern 2-bedroom Apartment In Downtown - Walk To Main Street & Sports Arena
- Secluded Waterfront Cottage Walking Distance To Downtown Lake Placid -
- Mirror Lake Inn Resort & Spa
- Cozy Mountain Retreat Near Olympic Venues And Whiteface Mountain
- Lake Placid Summit Hotel & Suites
- Private 2 Bedroom Apartment With Large Deck
- Woodlake Inn
- Walk To Main Street And Mirror Lake
- Lake Placid Lodge
- Lake Placid Inn Residences
- Lake Placid Downtown Mainstream Luxury Getaway
- Placid Bay Inn
- 1.5 miles from village.
- Cozy Studio Apartment
- Maple Leaf Inn
- Ohana Lake Placid Cottage
- Lake House
- Modern Studio Apartment 1.5 Miles From Lake Placid Village
- Northwoods Inn Of Lake Placid
- 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath, In Village Of Lake Placid - Cassidy Compound
- Lake Placid/whiteface Mountain/adirondack Getaway
- Perfect Blend Of Quiet Tranquility And Accessibility
- Lake Placid Townhome - Four (4) Bedroom
- New Expansive House
- 20-50% Off - The Whiteface Lodge - Luxury Resort & Spa- 1 Bdrm
- Mill Pond-short Walk To Main Street, Mirror Lake, Olympic Ctr.
- Dreaming Tree Condo-birch Bark, Granite, Fireplace, Walk To Main & Sleeps 6-7
- Lake Placid At The Whiteface Club
- Hotels in Montréal 9719 Hotels deals from C$24
- Hotels in New York 14999 Hotels deals from C$54
- Hotels in Plattsburgh 122 Hotels deals from C$76
- Hotels in Toronto 10968 Hotels deals from C$28
- Hotels in Lake George 391 Hotels deals from C$61
- Hotels in Burlington 227 Hotels deals from C$99
More Top Destinations
- Saranac Lake
- Niagara Falls
- Québec City
- Niagara Falls
- North Conway
- Old Orchard Beach
- Saratoga Springs
- South Burlington
- Glens Falls
- La Malbaie
- Washington D.C.
- Atlantic City
- New York