Hotels in Greenville, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Greenville online
- Find a cheap hotel in Greenville!
- Book at the ideal price!
Greenville, USA: Where Old South Meets New South
Greenville, South Carolina isn't a typical southern city. While many cities in this region have retained their colonial roots, this town has been able to embrace its past, while becoming one of the area's more progressive centres.
Visitors to Greenville will quickly notice that while there is plenty of history to explore the city is also extremely modern, as well. This mix between the old and the new is what gives Greenville its appeal and ensures that people visit the area year after year.
Museums and Art
History is an important part of the culture in Greenville, SC and it all starts with the sheer volume of heritage homes in the city. When driving through this area, visitors are sure to see plenty of old homes, with many of them having received heritage designations from the government. Old hotels are also common. Other museums worth visiting while spending time in the city include the Museum and Library of Confederate History, the Upcountry History Museum, the Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum, and The Children's Museum of the Upstate.
The Bob Jones University Museum and Gallery is another famous venue in the city that features one of the world's most notable collections of Italian Baroque artwork. The Greenville County Museum of Art, while not as large as the Bob Jones Gallery, features some great pieces and is well worth a visit for anyone who is interested in regional and national art.
Annual Events and Festivals
Greenville is known for its festivals, which take place throughout the year. For those who love the arts, The Upstate Shakespeare Festival, SC Comicon, the New South Comedy Festival, and Artisphere bring in some of the best performers from their respective genres in the entire country. These festivals last for a few days at a time, giving guests plenty of time to take in a few shows and more than enough reason to venture outside of their hotels.
Another important event in town is called Fall for Greenville. This festival focuses on music and street food, lasting for three days during the fall. Additionally, the Indie Craft Parade gives locals the chance to sell their handmade crafts, while The Greek Festival celebrates the contributions of the city's Greek community.
Concerts and Plays
The performing arts are essential to the fabric of Greenville, South Carolina and countless events each year take place at the Peace Center. This venue is famous for hosting not only symphonies and concerts, but also travelling Broadway musicals that make their way to the region. Centre Stage, another well-known theatre in the city, is within walking distance of many of the hotels in the city and features events all year round.
Whenever major concerts come to Greenville, The Bon Secours Wellness Arena is usually the venue that is used. This building holds about 16,000 people and it can be surprisingly difficult to get tickets to these events when popular acts visit. The TD Convention Center is another large venue in town that hosts events in town at various times.
As with much of South Carolina, Greenville has plenty to do in the outdoors. Falls Park on the Reedy is one of the busiest parks in the city, and it is home to waterfalls, the famous Liberty Bridge, and the Reedy River. The park is right across from downtown Greenville and, therefore, is within walking distance of numerous hotels.
Paris Mountain State Park sits just outside of town and provides a quiet, relaxing refuge from the bustle of the city. Paris Mountain is the closest state park to the city, but it large enough that visitors likely won't run into any crowds if they wish to explore the park's hiking trails or take a boat out on the lake.
Zoos and Science
The Greenville Zoo, which sits inside of Cleveland Park, opened in 1960 and has provided a family-friendly place to spend a day ever since. Although the zoo isn't large when compared to those in major centres throughout the country, it does have a wide variety of animals with which guests can interact. The zoo also has a picnic area and playgrounds for the kids.
Roper Mountain Science Center is a sizeable campus that has facilities used for both studying life on earth and exploring outer space. In fact, the centre is home to a 23-inch refractor telescope, which is one of the largest of its type in the United States. There is an observatory and a planetarium on-site, as well.
Price rangefrom C$47to C$433
- Hotel Wyndham Garden Greenville Airportdeals from C$100
- Hotel Hyatt Place Greenville Haywooddeals from C$123
- Hotel Greenville Inn & Suitesdeals from C$69
- Hotel Residence Inn By Marriott Greenvilledeals from C$139
- Hotel Motel 6 Greenvilledeals from C$71
- Hotel Hilton Greenvilledeals from C$148
More Top Hotels
- Aloft Greenville Downtown
- Hotel Sleep Inn at TD Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Downtown-RiverPlace
- Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
- Hyatt Regency Greenville
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenville-I-85 & Woodruff Rd
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Greenville Downtown, SC
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Greenville Haywood
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center
- Microtel Inn & Suites Greenville
- Days Inn Greenville
- Crowne Plaza Greenville-I-385-Roper Mtn Rd
- Extended Stay America Suites - Greenville - Haywood Mall
- Comfort Inn Haywood Mall Area
- Wingate by Wyndham Greenville Airport
- The Westin Poinsett, Greenville
- Country Hearth Inn Greenville
- Clarion Inn and Suites Greenville
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Greenville, SC
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Greenville
- Hilton Garden Inn Greenville
- Courtyard by Marriott Greenville Downtown
- Candlewood Suites Greenville
- Swamp Rabbit Inn
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Greenville Airport, SC
- Embassy Suites by Hilton Greenville Downtown Riverplace
- Country Hearth Inn And Suites Greenville
- My Place Hotel-Greenville, SC
- Extended Stay America Premier Suites - Greenville - Woodruff Road
- Hotels in Toronto 11546 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Myrtle Beach 13726 Hotels deals from C$43
- Hotels in Piedmont 19 Hotels deals from C$84
- Hotels in New York 16533 Hotels deals from C$51
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 1467 Hotels deals from C$34
- Hotels in Gatlinburg 7909 Hotels deals from C$51
More Top Destinations
- Fort Lauderdale
- Québec City
- Washington D.C.
- Las Vegas
- Virginia Beach
- Niagara Falls
- Atlantic City
- North Myrtle Beach
- Miami Beach
- New Orleans
- Hilton Head Island
- Rock Hill
- Daytona Beach
- Lake George
- Old Orchard Beach