Hotels in Erie, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Erie online
- Find a cheap hotel in Erie!
- Book at the ideal price!
Erie, USA: A Great Lakes Port City
The city of Erie, Pennsylvania is a little bit different than the rest of the state due to its location. Erie features the state's only port on the Great Lakes, immediately making it a top destination for travellers. This lakeside location means that the city is home to a large, natural beach and plenty of maritime history. A visit to Erie will likely involve spending time by the lake, experiencing some of the region's diverse history, and, hopefully, being able to learn a little bit about what makes this such a unique destination. Keep in mind that despite the fact that Erie is the fourth largest city in Pennsylvania, it only has 100,000 people and is far smaller than Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
During the summer months, many visitors to Erie, Pennsylvania choose to spend the day at Waldameer Park & Water World. The park features both land rides and water slides, giving families a wide variety of activities from which to choose. Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park Resort offers a similar experience, except it is open all year because it is indoors. Both of these venues have hotels in the surrounding area, as well. If a relaxing day sounds like a good idea, the Erie Zoo is also a top attraction. Although a little on the small side, this location has everything that is needed when spending the entire day there and allows guests to get right up close and personal with many of its animals.
Museums and History
The city of Erie, PA is home to numerous museums and historic venues, starting with the Erie Art Museum. This building has over 5,000 pieces of art, and there is usually a travelling exhibit in town, as well. The Erie Maritime Museum and Brig Niagara is also famous, as it features a 19th-century warship. This ship is usually on-site, although it remains functional, so there are times when it is out on the lake. More information on these venues is available at the front desk of many city hotels. Watson-Curtze Mansion was built in 1891 and provides the chance to see what life was like at that time for the wealthy in this town and throughout the north-east United States. Other popular historic sites in the city include the George Washington Monument, the Civil War Memorials, Battles Museum of Rural Life, Brotherton's Covered Bridge, and Military Park.
Presque Isle State Park
Presque Isle State Park sits just outside of downtown Erie right on the lake. This park is very busy during the summer because it is made up of sandy beaches and provides the perfect location at which to relax. On the bay side, fishing and boating opportunities are aplenty, as well. The park brings in one million visitors per year, making it the busiest state park in Pennsylvania. At the same time, however, the park is large enough that guests won't feel overcrowded. As a bonus, the park is accessible on foot from numerous downtown hotels, so guests of the city won't have to travel far. Just before heading into the park, visitors will find the Tom Ridge Environmental Center. This centre is open seven days per week and is in place to educate people on the various forms of life that live on Presque Isle. Presque Isle Downs & Casino is just a few short drive from the park's entrance and features table games, live entertainment, and an on-site horse track.
Sports and the Theatre
Erie doesn't have any major league sports teams, but that doesn't mean that sports lovers won't find something great to watch while staying there. Jerry Uht Park is home to the Erie SeaWolves, which is a Double-A baseball team that plays in the Eastern League. The city also has an NBA D-League team called the Erie Bayhawks, a National Premier Soccer League team called Erie Commodores FC, and a junior hockey team called the Erie Otters. Lake Erie Speedway features races during the summer, as well. There is always a play or concert in Erie, PA at one of the many venues around the city. All An Act Theatre, Erie Broadway Series, the Erie Philharmonic, the Erie Playhouse and the Warner Theatre are some of the most notable, and they are in areas that make them easy to reach from numerous hotels in the city.
Every July, Roar on the Shore comes to Erie, PA. This bike festival brings 50,000 people to the region, along with music, parades, and other entertainment. Keep in mind that hotels tend to fill up quickly in the months leading up to this festival, so it's best to book in advance. Celebrate Erie is a summer street festival that features restaurant tastings, a kids zone, a chalk walk, street vendors, and live music. The festival concludes with a fireworks display right in the downtown core. Other favourite events in the city include the Wild Rib Cook Off, Tall Ships Erie, Discover Presque Isle, and Christmas in the Country.
Price rangefrom C$60to C$215
- Hotel Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Eriedeals from C$61
- Hotel Residence Inn Eriedeals from C$106
- Hotel Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hoteldeals from C$124
- Hotel Courtyard Erie Bayfrontdeals from C$122
- Hotel Quality Inn & Suites Conference Center Hoteldeals from C$62
- Hotel Knights Inn Erie Downtowndeals from C$82
More Top Hotels
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Erie
- Lake View Erie
- Hampton Inn Erie-South I-90/I-79
- Glass House Inn
- Motel 6 Erie Pa
- Red Roof Inn Erie - I-90
- Steelhead Inn
- SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Erie Presque Isle
- Tally Ho-Tel
- Baymont Inn & Suites Erie
- Hotel Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
- Country Farmhouse On 6 Acres Of Wooded Property. Beautiful In Every Season!
- Hilton Garden Inn Erie
- Solstice , An Ascend Collection Member
- Spacious Frontier Park Apartment
- Americas Best Value Inn Erie
- Three Bedroom Home in Downtown Erie
- Fairfield Inn Erie Millcreek Mall
- Candlewood Suites Erie
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Erie Summit Township
- Super 8 Erie I 90
- Clarion Hotel Lake Erie
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Atlanta Airport South
- Spencer House
- Comfort Inn & Suites Erie
- University Area, Personal Chef Available
- Cottage Near Frontier Park
- Hotel La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
- Best Western Plus Erie Inn & Suites
- Bayfront Inn ex Rodeway Inn Erie
- SpringHill Suites Erie
- Days Inn Erie
- Econo Lodge Erie
- Courtyard Erie Ambassador Conference Center
- Towneplace Suites Erie
- Cobblestone Hotel & Suites - Harborcreek
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Erie
- The Avalon Hotel & Conference Center
- Hotel Wingate By Wyndham - Erie
- Hotels in Toronto 12582 Hotels deals from C$23
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 1687 Hotels deals from C$30
- Hotels in Grove City 19 Hotels deals from C$76
- Hotels in Montreal 11473 Hotels deals from C$20
- Hotels in New York 19202 Hotels deals from C$45
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 532 Hotels deals from C$51
More Top Destinations
- Québec City
- Washington D.C.
- Atlantic City
- St. Catharines
- Las Vegas
- Lake George
- Wasaga Beach
- Virginia Beach
- Fort Lauderdale