Hotels in Daytona Beach Shores, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Daytona Beach Shores online
- Find a cheap hotel in Daytona Beach Shores!
- Book at the ideal price!
Daytona Beach Shores: A Getaway on the Florida Coast
Incorporated in the 1960s and with a population of a little over 4,000 people, Daytona Beach Shores is a resort and retirement community within a ten-minute drive of Daytona Beach. The area survives on the tourism trade so if you plan to visit, you can expect to be treated well. There are less hotels here than in nearby Daytona Beach but those that are available, along with the many self-catering condominium options, are often situated within steps of the sand.
Enjoy the Outdoors
People tend to come to Daytona Beach Shores for two reasons: to escape the hustle and bustle of Daytona Beach proper and to enjoy the beautiful beach. You can expect clean white sand here, which combines with the warm shallow waters of the Atlantic to create the perfect spot for a beach holiday. While you’ll probably be happy enough relaxing on the sand, rental shops along the beach offering motorised beach carts, bikes, and surfboards for hire. Plus, you can enjoy ocean fishing from Sunglow Pier (fishing equipment is available to hire). In addition to the beach, Daytona Beach Shores features several parks. Dahlia Avenue Park offers picnic areas, direct beach access, and views of the pier. Parks such as McElroy Park, Frank Rendon Park, and Andrinopoulos Park feature a children’s playground.
Shopping and Dining
Shopping in Daytona Beach Shores isn’t a particularly diverse experience. The area’s stores tend to focus on tourist essentials although there are surf shops and gift shops too. Shopaholics need not despair, though, as there are several excellent shopping destinations nearby. Options such as the historic Riverfront Shops of Daytona Beach and the Ocean Walk retail centre are within a ten-minute drive. Volusia Mall and the Tanger Outlet are slightly further afield but still worth a visit. Dining options here are also limited although there are some excellent seafood restaurants to be found within the area’s hotels. More options are available in nearby Daytona Beach and at the Pavilion at Port Orange, the latter an open-air combined retail and dining destination within a 20-minute drive of Daytona Beach Shores.
Arts & Culture
The Shores Pavilion in Daytona Beach Shores opened in 2012, providing a space for community events such as free concerts. The pavilion is also home to the Court of Flags; a collection of flags representing the origins of residents and visitors. Within a short distance of this small city, visitors will find museums and galleries such as the Art League of Daytona Beach, the Daytona Maritime Museum, and Hanksters Hot Rods & Museum. The area also offers an abundance of historic houses and buildings. Visitors can explore the likes of the DeBary Hall Historic Site, the Lilian Place Historic House, and the Stetson Mansion. Also, with venues such as the Athens Theatre, the Daytona Playhouse, and the Peabody Auditorium so easily accessible, the opportunities to spend an evening enjoying the performing arts are numerous.
Visitors to Daytona Beach Shores will find many attractions within a short distance of their hotel or vacation home. There’s family fun to be had by the bucket load at attractions such as the Daytona Lagoon Water Park Entertainment Center, the Joyland Amusement Center, and the Planetarium at Museum of Arts & Sciences. To the east of the city (within a 20-minute drive), the Ponce de Leon Lighthouse offers 360-degree Ocean views as well as amenities such as an on-site museum and gift shop. The Marine Science Center, home to a sea turtle rehabilitation facility, is nearby. Another must visit during any trip to this area is the Daytona International Speedway; a landmark in the area and home to the iconic Daytona 500, the speedway opens daily to the public.
If you want to devote some of your stay to exploring the wider area, you will find many points of interest, both along the coast and further inland. Palm Coast, where attractions include the Long Creek Nature Preserve and the Florida Agricultural Museum, is a little under an hour away. Also within a 60-minute drive is the Ocala National Forest, a 600-mile square mile space where activities include hiking and horse riding. If you’re happy to travel a little further afield, you could spend the day at St. Augustine, just 80 minutes away. Here, the highlights include Castillo de San Marcos, the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park, and Anastasia Island. And, of course, Orlando and theme parks such as Universal, Epcot, and Magic Kingdom are also within easy reach.
Price rangefrom C$56to C$406
- Hotel Daytona Beach Ocean Front Studio Condodeals from C$101
- Hotel The Shores Resort & Spadeals from C$103
- Hotel Unit 502 - Beachfront 1 King Bedroom 1 Bath - Sleeps 6deals from C$8
- Hotel Daytona Beach Shoresdeals from C$68
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oceanfront Daytona Bch Shoresdeals from C$85
More Top Hotels
- :):):):) 3 Bedroom Ocean Front Wyndham Ocean Walk 50% Discount :):):)
- Opus Condo 405 - Luxury On The Beach
- Delightful, Clean Studio-1st Floor Entry W/ 2nd Floor Private Balcony Oceanfront Views-free Hbo/wifi
- Oceanview Top Floor Studio Efficiency Condo On The Worlds Most Famous Beach!!
- Beautiful Ocean Views From Balcony! Just Steps To Beach!
- 1 Br Ocean Front With Balcony & Sleeps 6
- Hotel Atlantic Ocean Palm Inn
- Luxury Home - Steps From The Beach - 2br/2ba - #374
- Residence Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront
- Wow! Unbeatable Price - Affordable Luxury Living!! Fully Upgraded Unit!
- Bahama House
- Beachside Motel
- Daytona Beach Getaway, Thats Fit For A King.
- Spacious, Newly Renovated 2Bd 2 Ba , With Great Views Of The Atlantic Ocean !
- Hampton Inn Daytona Shores-Oceanfront
- 1 Bedroom 1 Bath Oceanfront W/ Balcony
- Hawaiian Inn - Oceanfront Palm Suite
- Beachfront Unit With Balcony - Resort Fun Whole Family!
- Daytona Getaway Ocean Front Condo
- Hawaiian Inn Oceanfront 1st Floor
- Beachfront Condo On The Sand!
- Oceanfront -One Bedroom - Next to Sun Glow Pier - Sun Glow Unit 401 - One Bedroom Apartment, Sleeps 4
- New Listing! Oceanview Studio With Shared Pool And Hot Tub Right On The Beach!
- Waterfront Getaway W/pools, Lazy River, & Hot Tubs - Snowbirds Welcome!
- Affordable/direct-ocean Front 6th-floor Pirates Cove Beauty-pool-great Dbs Location, Free Wifi & Hbo
- Unit 202 - Beachfront 1 King Bedroom 1 Bath - Sleeps 6
- Budget Friendly Oceanfront Getaway W/ 7th Floor Views! Close To Pier & Restaurants - Free Hbo & Wifi
- Harbour 704, 1 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Studio, Ocean Front, 7th floor
- Quiet Tropical Getaway Beautiful Ocean Front Deck 2 Pools Free Wifi
- Best Western Plus Aku Tiki Inn
- Easy Access Oceanfront Condo - Easy Access For Seniors
- Hotel Acapulco and Resort
- <:>< Ocean View Condo & Pooltennis Court Short Walk To All
- Beautiful Newly Remodeled Oceanfront 1br/1ba Discounted Condo
- Ocean View Studio In Daytona Beach
- Ocean Front Pool Wifi Sleeps 4 Studio Condo By Redawning
- Luxury Oceanfront Home - 4br/2ba - #northvilla
- 4th Floor Port Hole Penthouse
- Hotels in Daytona Beach 1976 Hotels deals from C$51
- Hotels in Orlando 16861 Hotels deals from C$37
- Hotels in Fort Lauderdale 4211 Hotels deals from C$27
- Hotels in Ormond Beach 783 Hotels deals from C$56
- Hotels in Kissimmee 32285 Hotels deals from C$33
- Hotels in Lake Buena Vista 726 Hotels deals from C$77
More Top Destinations
- Miami Beach
- New Smyrna Beach
- Port Orange
- Cocoa Beach
- St. Augustine
- Clearwater Beach
- Key West
- Cape Canaveral
- New York
- St. Pete Beach
- Niagara Falls
- Panama City Beach
- Treasure Island
- Vero Beach
- Winter Garden
- Fort Myers
- West Palm Beach
- Pompano Beach
- Flagler Beach
- Myrtle Beach
- Palm Coast
- Québec City
- St. Petersburg
- Fort Myers Beach
- Las Vegas
- Sunny Isles Beach