Hotels in Cleveland, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Cleveland online
- Find a cheap hotel in Cleveland!
- Book at the ideal price!
Cleveland - 34863 - John Hurt
The USA suffered rivers of fire; in Cleveland, Ohio
They don’t take themselves too seriously in Cleveland on the southern shores of Lake Erie. In earlier days, though, things were pretty scary and so Dickensian that the then disgusting Cuyahoga River actually caught fire. Citizens have since worked tirelessly to turn the city round and it is now one with real appeal for visitors. Clevelanders also play hard, so the social scene is another reason to pay the city an early visit. Summers are hot and winters are freezing with lots of snow and snow and ice related activities. Whatever the time of year, though; the welcome is always warm and genuine.
Shining light on attractions in the dead centre of Cleveland
Museums don’t come more exciting than Cleveland’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Displayed items include those worn and owned by Jimi Hendrix, Keith Moon, John Lennon and other all-time greats. You’ll also quickly warm to Ohio and to Cleveland’s very individual appeal. Can you believe; they’ve even invested in the world’s largest outdoor chandelier. It has over 4,000 crystals and hangs over Playhouse Square. You can’t – and shouldn’t – miss it. The Great Lakes Science Center and the Museum of Contemporary Art are also popular places of interest. West Side Market is a fascinating food market and appeals particularly to self-catering tourists as well as others who are staying in one of Cleveland’s many hotels and guesthouses. Then, there’s Lake View Cemetery which is far more interesting than you might imagine. It is the place where many celebs finished up … or, rather, down. USA President James Garfield has his own ostentatious tower and Eliot Ness and Harvey Pekar are here too.
Cleveland is known for its polished Polish cuisine
As in any major city you’ll find many Cleveland; hotels, restaurants and bars that serve a world of international cuisine. Part of this city’s character, however, lies in some local dishes which you really must sample as part of the Cleveland experience. You’ll find a Polish influence in some local specialities such as Pierogies which can include potatoes, cheese, onions and meat. The secret, though, is in the yummy dough. Then, there’s the Polish Boy Eastern-European sausage and the sometimes-bland pork chop ascends into another dining stratosphere with the addition of sauces and vinaigrettes. Cleveland’s corned beef is also in a world of its own. If you are in Cleveland during the late summer months; hotels and restaurants excel themselves with clambakes and locally caught fish. The Cleveland area offers plenty of cheering drinks choices too. Burning River and Irish Ale go down particularly well and Christmas Ale makes for a heady, year-round festive feel.
Stay tuned: Cleveland is no Mistake by the Lake
As instanced by the number and the variety of hotels, apartments and guesthouses, things have really moved on in leaps and bounds since Cleveland was unkindly tagged as The Mistake by The Lake. The city is awash with things to see, do and enjoy. There are, for instance, eight galleries at the Greater Cleveland Aquarium. They feature examples of species that are native to Ohio as well as distant regions and countries. Then, Cleveland’s many annual attractions include an Indoor Amusement Park and in May, there’s an International Beer Festival. Also in the same month, Hessler Street Fair comprises dancing, entertainment and … food and drink. During July, there’s more dancing, entertainment, music and fun when the Ingenuity Festival takes to the streets. The 100-strong Cleveland Orchestra is, of course, a king-pin in Ohio’s cultural calendar. Concerts are well supported locally and staged throughout the year – locals can now even print-off their own tickets at home. The orchestra is recognised and applauded throughout Cleveland, Ohio, USA and worldwide.
Playing it cool, outdoors in Cleveland
You’ll love the festive atmosphere to be found in hotels and restaurants during the winter months. It may be cold outside – freezing actually – but inside, there’s an unequalled warm and friendly spirit. Back outside there are activities galore. There are, for instance; two 700 feet refrigerated chutes at The Chalet on Valley Parkway so, even during mild winters, you can toboggan like there’s no tomorrow. In the city’s museum District, there’s ice-skating fun and just outside Cleveland is the place to head for with skiing, hiking, snow-tubing and ice fishing in mind. Then, it’s time to rest your feet - and other tender areas -and climb on board the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. This will take you on one of the longest rail tours in the USA and through 33,000 acres of the National Park. Obviously, given Cleveland’s bitterly cold winters and warm summers, some activities are seasonal. Hotels and other accommodation providers will advise on what is available at the times you are planning your visit.
Price rangefrom C$88to C$658
- Hotel Hotel Indigo Cleveland Downtowndeals from C$108
- Hotel Private Bedroom And Space. 5 Minutes From Downtown!deals from C$7
- Hotel Drury Plaza Hotel Cleveland Downtowndeals from C$123
- Hotel La Quinta Inn Cleveland Airport Northdeals from C$78
- Hotel Hyatt Regency Cleveland at the Arcadedeals from C$135
More Top Hotels
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Downtown
- Hotel Days Inn Cleveland Lakewood
- Four Points By Sheraton Cleveland Airport
- University Hotel and Suites Cleveland
- Hilton Cleveland Downtown
- Residence Inn By Marriott Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Express Cleveland Downtown
- Holiday Inn Cleveland Clinic
- Cleveland Marriott Downtown at Key Center
- InterContinental Suites Hotel Cleveland
- Hyatt Place Cleveland/Lyndhurst/Legacy Village
- The Westin Cleveland Downtown
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland Airport
- Hilton Garden Inn Cleveland East/Mayfield Village
- Hampton Inn Cleveland-Downtown
- Cleveland Airport Marriott
- The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland
- Edgewater Boho Chic. Artsy Second Floor Apartment. Not Suitable For Children.
- Pvt 2 Bdrm, Pvt Kitch & Pvt Bath. Linens & Towels, Full Kitchen. Great Location
- Saratoga #2 Whole House Centrally Located In Cleveland
- W.45Th 2 Lower-Modern Ohio City Home
- Crowne Plaza Cleveland At Playhouse Square
- Renaissance Cleveland Hotel
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Cleveland Downtown - Lakeside
- Hotels in Toronto 11332 Hotels deals from C$26
- Hotels in Niagara Falls 1432 Hotels deals from C$34
- Hotels in Montréal 9996 Hotels deals from C$23
- Hotels in New York 15703 Hotels deals from C$52
- Hotels in Sandusky 254 Hotels deals from C$44
- Hotels in London 467 Hotels deals from C$38
More Top Destinations
- Niagara Falls
- Québec City
- Grove City
- Washington D.C.
- Grove City
- Middleburg Heights
- Las Vegas
- Atlantic City
- Fort Lauderdale
- Port Huron
- Virginia Beach
- Lake George