Hotels in Carlsbad, USA
- Comprehensive hotel search for Carlsbad online
- Find a cheap hotel in Carlsbad!
- Book at the ideal price!
Carlsbad California, affluent seaside resort
Referred to as The Village by the Sea by the locals, this popular tourist resort spans seven miles of the Pacific coastline. The typical Mediterranean climate offers warm sunny days and mild winters. Surf, fish and swim on the sandy California beaches, or explore the beautiful Agua Hedionda Lagoon where you can experience wave running, or simply a quiet paddle in a kayak. Enjoy the thrill of Legoland California, built in 1999. It was the first Legoland theme park built outside of Europe and includes the original Lego-themed Sea Life Aquarium. A variety of quaint hotels nestled along the coastline can be found in this area.
Action-packed outdoor activities
Let off some steam at Carlsbad Skate Park, as well as the 32-acre Alga Norte Community Park, where pools, ball fields, a dog park and a playground provide entertainment until after dark. The Alga Norte Aquatic Center is the best place to go for an early morning swim, and on Sunday mornings it opens for lap swims in the 50m pool. The nearby pet-friendly Del Mar and Solana beaches provide the ideal spot for dogs to romp and swim with other dogs, and many of the hotels in this area offer pet-friendly rooms and restaurants at reasonable prices. Be sure to check out the walks, hikes and dog trails along this unique rocky coastline. The unpaved Hosp Grove is mild to difficult, and better suited to seasoned hikers, while the Coastal Rail Trail is paved and perfect for visitors to California looking for some healthy outdoor fun.
Rich in arts and culture
Don’t make the mistake of thinking this laid-back village is quiet for very long. Carlsbad is home to the Carlsbad Village Street Faire, one of the largest one-day festivals in the nation. California is rich in culture, and features many live concerts, unique craft beers, and authentic fine arts. A constant flow of creativity and inspiration in the form of the Museum of Making Music provides the opportunity to make your own music by travelling through time. Some classical historical hotels date back to the 1960’s, and feature luxurious accommodation today, including 9-hole golf courses and tennis courts. Directly across the street from the Coaster Train Station you will find the Carlsbad Village Theatre. Its right in the centre of the well-known Carlsbad Village commercial area. Well worth the visit for regular theatre-goers, as well as those not so familiar with the arts.
All kinds of food
The freshest seafood is served throughout this seaside resort. Carlsbad offers delectable dishes straight from the ocean to your plate, and if you find yourself enjoying a stroll, then make sure you try the constantly reinvented street food. Many hotels boast award-winning restaurants that offer top-class service, classic cuisine with flavour and style, and most of all, a memorable experience. The Spanish roots in California make Mexican and Spanish cuisine such as tacos, nachos and quesadillas popular. The famous sourdough bread, cioppino - a fish stew, along with the delicious Cobb salad can be found in just about any food outlet. The warm Mediterranean climate in Carlsbad promotes healthy eating habits, but there is no lack of good old-fashioned bacon and eggs for breakfast, as well as French toast and blueberry pancakes for those not counting the calories.
From art to clothing
Unique shopping opportunities exist in Carlsbad, from the Premium Outlets on the outskirts, to upscale boutiques, clothing stores, jewellery, and garden furniture in the village. The streets are filled with a relaxing atmosphere, and packed with an inviting combination of art galleries and fresh produce from the farmers’ markets. There’s no shortage of antiques either, from Asian and European offerings, to local goods from California. Put your skills to the test when you try to make the best possible deal with the auctioneers who are always happy to barter. You also have the option to sell your goods at these venues, so make sure you have your sale items handy.
Since the hotels in this area are geared up to accommodate the popular sport of surfing, unique shops offer anything from bike rentals to surfboards. You may even bump into one of the friendly staff members while you are out paddling or biking.
Relaxation at its best
The discovery of a mineral spring in Carlsbad in 1882 set the scene for the many day spas and modern beauty techniques found throughout California. Some of the luxurious hotels in Carlsbad feature intensive treatments for groups, couples and singles, from hot stone treatments, to mud baths and yoga sessions. Brides will find this relaxing getaway in Southern California to be the perfect destination for the ultimate in personal pampering.
Price rangefrom C$60to C$1,374
- Hotel Carlsbad by the Sea Hoteldeals from C$102
- Hotel Cape Rey Carlsbad Beach, a Hilton Resort and Spadeals from C$159
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn Carlsbaddeals from C$137
- Hotel Grand Pacific Palisades Resort & Hoteldeals from C$142
- Hotel Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carlsbad Beachdeals from C$104
- Hotel Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad North San Diego Countydeals from C$147
More Top Hotels
- Motel 6 Carlsbad Beach
- Hotel Legoland California Resort
- Great 2 Bedroom Condo On The Beach With Ac
- Dec Sale! Beach Spa Getaway! Relaxing 12-jet Tub, Pool Table, Nearby Pool/spa!
- Beachwalk Villas
- Beach Vacation Home - Premium Location G
- Coastal Retreat: Only 2 Streets To The Beach & 3 To The Village.
- Beautiful Condo In La Costa Resort And Spa
- Stunning 9br In Carlsbad On The Beach, Designer Decorated & A/c Equipped
- Best Western Beach View Lodge
- Discounted Jan Rates! Lower Unit Steps To Beach, Walk To Village, Pet Friendly
- La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
- Extended Stay America - San Diego - Carlsbad Village by The Sea
- The Westin Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Four Seasons Residence Club Aviara
- Beach Terrace Inn
- Hyatt house San Diego - Carlsbad
- Oceanfront Carlsbad Beachfront Condo
- New Listing! Lower-level Duplex W/patio & Private Hot Tub, 1 Block From Beach
- Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
- Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
- Best Western Carlsbad by the Sea
- Carlsbad Seapointe Resort
- Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Near Legoland
- Hotel Tamarack Beach Resort
- Grand Vacations Club Marbrisa
- Hotel Rodeway Inn Carlsbad
- Hotels in San Diego 8843 Hotels deals from C$32
- Hotels in Anaheim 1232 Hotels deals from C$69
- Hotels in Oceanside 1587 Hotels deals from C$67
- Hotels in Los Angeles 12506 Hotels deals from C$37
- Hotels in Palm Springs 4240 Hotels deals from C$55
- Hotels in Las Vegas 6402 Hotels deals from C$24
More Top Destinations
- La Jolla
- Del Mar
- San Francisco
- Santa Monica
- Laguna Beach
- Palm Desert
- Newport Beach
- Long Beach
- Huntington Beach
- Solana Beach
- Santa Barbara
- Beverly Hills
- West Hollywood
- Dana Point
- Redondo Beach
- Indian Wells
- Los Angeles
- San Pedro
- San Clemente
- Garden Grove
- San Marcos
- Rancho Santa Fe
- New York
- Niagara Falls
- Rancho Mirage
- La Quinta
- Santa Ana
- Costa Mesa
- Marina Del Rey
- Hermosa Beach